Magura Hs33

montyFORlife

• 2 weeks later...

I just got myself a second hand hs33 rear brake, took me ages to fit it as i had to use the evo 2 mount.

Anyway after i fitted it all was sweet and they were working fine till i snapped the crossover cable, on my first ride. think i caught it with my foot.

I hope this is cuz its second hand and not a regular thing as i was only out for about an hour.

It took me ages to fit the replacement and re bleed it with magura blood. Getting those barbed ends into the pipe is near on impossible! I finally did it but managed to make a hole in the pipe with a pair of pliers trying to fit the barbed attachment, which i didnt realise till after the bleed........ so theres blood everywhere i had to re do the pipe and re bleed the system. Now the brakes dont work propperly because of all the oil! What a nightmare first experience, well fiddly.

Had to buy the service kit for £20 for that job which iv seen loads of people moaning about the price before. Its got everything you need, olives barbed connectors syringe a good length of thick piping and the royal blood which if i didnt spill so much i rekon i could get 3 or 4 bleeds out of it.

My conclusion is, there cool if you;

A. know what your doing

B. have a lot of patience

C. dont blaze before attempting it maintenace

or D have the money to pay a pro to do it

Hope this helps

Also i was wondering if anyone could tell me if its normal for the frame to flex loads when the brakes are applied when i have an evo 2 mount and standard magura booster? i have a t-vee which i fear isnt strong enough for the pressure.........

I just got myself a second hand hs33 rear brake, took me ages to fit it as i had to use the evo 2 mount.

Anyway after i fitted it all was sweet and they were working fine till i snapped the crossover cable, on my first ride. think i caught it with my foot.

I hope this is cuz its second hand and not a regular thing as i was only out for about an hour.

It took me ages to fit the replacement and re bleed it with magura blood. Getting those barbed ends into the pipe is near on impossible! I finally did it but managed to make a hole in the pipe with a pair of pliers trying to fit the barbed attachment, which i didnt realise till after the bleed........ so theres blood everywhere i had to re do the pipe and re bleed the system. Now the brakes dont work propperly because of all the oil! What a nightmare first experience, well fiddly.

Had to buy the service kit for £20 for that job which iv seen loads of people moaning about the price before. Its got everything you need, olives barbed connectors syringe a good length of thick piping and the royal blood which if i didnt spill so much i rekon i could get 3 or 4 bleeds out of it.

My conclusion is, there cool if you;

A. know what your doing

B. have a lot of patience

C. dont blaze before attempting it maintenace

or D have the money to pay a pro to do it

Hope this helps

Also i was wondering if anyone could tell me if its normal for the frame to flex loads when the brakes are applied when i have an evo 2 mount and standard magura booster? i have a t-vee which i fear isnt strong enough for the pressure.........

My frame has quite a bit of flex but i hope it snaps so i can get a new one

while on the subject of hs33, im know runing them again lol (didnt like v's) the person who i bought the bike off did a grind on the rear wheel

and no matter what i do the pads slip any ideas. Ive tryed onza yellow pads, standard black ones, koxx blue pads but are all crap any help (Y)

while on the subject of hs33, im know runing them again lol (didnt like v's) the person who i bought the bike off did a grind on the rear wheel

and no matter what i do the pads slip any ideas. Ive tryed onza yellow pads, standard black ones, koxx blue pads but are all crap any help (Y)

try all croco in brown,heatsink yellow,have you tryed tar or brake spray

Depends how light the grind is. Clean the rim, clean the pads. And make sure the pads are level, if not then sand them down so they're flush with the rim.