Huge Sidehop From Gilles

mixmaker

Obviously its big and none of us mere mortals could get that good...

But Damon does bigger, with a much heavier bike, including a fat and heavy rear tyre, and all in casual clothes?

Probaly because the main thing Damon does when hes out riding is sidehop after sidehop,

I bet Gilles doesnt actualy practise sidehops that much

Regardless of what "genre" of riding they do....Damon is not a patch on Gilles..Don't get me wrong Damon is amazing at what he does (some big sidehops, ups and gaps) but gilles has it all and if he wanted to with a couple of months practice could do everything damon is doing and more!

not saying im deffo right, but if it was 59 surely it wud be higher then bars on backwheel? :huh:

either way its sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

a guy wich is used to ride on these tables said it's 148 cm

it's the same table elites sidehoped previous years but from a palet ( wich was something around 136 cm I think)

first time ever someone pulling it from the ground

Lol I had no desire to start an arguement, I have nothing but respect for Gilles and I am fully aware of his capabilities.

I was mearly trying to say I think its a pretty pointless video and topic as its not what Gilles is about at all

I'm with ben on this :sleeping:

but gilles street vids are so lame in comparaison to damon s

Have you seen this then?

Have you seen this then?

yeah and as I say there's nothing more gay than a gilles vs damon thread

but...the fact he is an amazing rider and rides street doesn't make him good at street riding

my opinion is street is about style, creativity and crazyness

gilles is more about perfect control and that's it

it's just my opinion but he isn't a great street rider unlike a lot of other riders which are way under his trial skills

I upload this clip on the internet because:

1: it's a massive side hop...impossible to nail by 99% of the riders on this planet

2: he made it piss easy which means he can probably go bigger

3: unlike tra or damon he isn't a ''side hop contest kind of guy''... I though it was interesting to see how big he can go on a simple warm up session

so much to say about a few second of riding :giggle:

I wouldn't say that gilles can't ride street. That coustellier notts vid is still a good video and it's 6 years old!

Impressive move though, especially given the apparent lack of effort.

On a similar train of thought to the current argument though, i wonder how each rider would cope on the others bike? Ie damon on the koxx and vica versa.

TRA almost pulled 163cm 2 weeks ago.... His reartire was over, but he did not get the tire on the edge...

ide love to see that, that would seriously impress me if it wasnt on a slanted rock or a grass bank, look forward to seeing that

TRA almost pulled 163cm 2 weeks ago.... His reartire was over, but he did not get the tire on the edge...

Are you shure Ole? I think it was 154cm or something.. It was a slanted wall, with slanted takeoff. So he jumped high enough, but got kicked out from the wall. We got video of it.