Born 2010 Frame And Bars

Mark W

The headtube area looks very weak and flexy.

Why?! Personally don't think it "looks" any weaker of flexier than a lot of frames out at the moment. Until someone gets on it and rides it as its intended then we won't know what it's like, general sweeping statements about how it looks are a bit daft.

I meant it won't be as rigid as a frame where the seatstays and the chainstays are wealded both together in the dropout area...

Not necessarily.

The headtube area looks very weak and flexy.

Massive contact area with the hydroformed downtube 'cos of the shape they've made it into, and a reasonable sized gusset on the toptube (which also has a pretty good amount of contact area too). No reason why it should be 'flexy'.

Not necessarily.

Massive contact area with the hydroformed downtube 'cos of the shape they've made it into, and a reasonable sized gusset on the toptube (which also has a pretty good amount of contact area too). No reason why it should be 'flexy'.

I've had 2 frames that did not have joined top and downtubes, and tried another, deff the most flexy front ends I've ever felt. Not joining the top and downtubes = fail. I' just can't see a 1.6 kg frame with unjoined top and down tubes to have a stiff front end, even if they have a bit more weld contact area than others.

Edited by Jason222

• 2 weeks later...