Onza T-Pro Vs Onza T-Bird

Jimbob 2705

Hi Guys,

Which would be best for a beginner? The only main difference I can see is that the T-Bird has 'V' back brakes whereas the T-Pro has disk brakes.

Is there any main differences? If I got a T-Bird, would it be easy to change the 'V' brake to a HS33 or a disk brake?

What are 'V' brakes like?

Thanks a lot,

James

Just to let you know there's no "T" in the newer models.

The Onza disk brakes are decent, really powerful when set up right.

Having a v brake on the back isn't the best choice, whereas the onza pro has the choice of disk or hs33.

Personally would go for the Onza pro. thumbsupanim.gif

Bird

large_bird101.jpg

- Excellent value 20" wheel trials bike from Onza with a 19" rear wheel, ideal for beginner or fast learning riders.

- High grade 7005-T6 aluminium frame with head tube reinforcing gussets.

- Tough Onza cromoly forks with disc brake mount.

- Powerful Onza DD 'V' brake at the rear, with a 180mm dual piston action cable disc brake up front, offering huge amounts of stopping power!

- Onza light weight single wall rim at the front reduces weight while the 19" rear rim is double walled for extra strength and durability.

- Maxxis Creepy Crawler tyres, 20 x 2.0" front and 19 x 2.5" rear.

- Onza T-Pro crankset with screw-on 24T sprocket and bashring, allowing a front freewheel to be retro-fitted without the need for upgrading the cranks also.

- Anodised Bash/ski-plate fitted as standard.

- Onza cromo riser 31.8mm trials handlebar.

- Onza alloy 31.8mm stem to reduce weight.

- New Onza caged pedals.

- Dicta 18T freewheel on the rear, running 24-18 gear ratio.

- Seatless design saves weight and increases stand over clearance.

- Matte black frame and forks with red Onza graphics and parts.

- Weight: Approx 11kg including pedals.

Geometry

Wheelbase: 1010mm

Chainstay Length: 360mm

BB Rise: 45mm

Pro

large_pro101.jpg

- Excellent value 20" wheel trials bike from Onza, ideal for beginner or fast learning riders.

- High grade 7005-T6 aluminium frame with rear disc mount, integrated chain tensioners and head tube reinforcing gussets.

- Tough Onza cromoly forks with disc brake mount.

- Powerful Onza cable disc brakes front and rear, a massive breakthrough at this price point, ensuring predictable and reliable braking in all conditions.

- Onza single wall front rim and double wall rear rim, drilled to reduce weight, 20" front and 19" rear.

- Maxxis Creepy Crawler tyres, 20 x 2.0" front and 19 x 2.5" rear.

- T-Pro crankset fitted with light weight bashring and 18T Tensile freewheel with 60 engagement points for maximum pedalling response.

- Bash/ski-plate fitted as standard.

- Onza cromo riser 31.8mm trials handlebar.

- Onza alloy 31.8mm stem to reduce weight.

- New Onza caged pedals.

- 12T screw on sprocket on the rear hub, running 18-12 gear ratio.

- Seatless design to reduce weight and increase stand over clearance.

- Gloss sky blue frame and forks, both with white Onza logos.

- Weight: Approx 11kg including pedals.

Geometry (to be confirmed)

Wheelbase: 1020mm

Chainstay Length: 350mm

BB Rise: 70mm

Not a massive difference. Geometry is different, weigh about the same. Pro just has better parts and smaller ratio drivetrain thanks to the FFW!. Bird is aesthetically better in my opinion though!! Maybe save yourself £100 and buy a HS33 from ebay for the rear? But you will then have to shell out for a FFW at some point because they are worth it. S'why I suggest going with the Pro!

Thanks for all the advice Guys.

What is a free wheel? Does it come as standard on the Pro?

Would a HS33 fit straight on the Bird?

Thanks

I have never tried the bird but i bloody love my pro its sick

Also has the front free wheel.

EDIT: save your self some cash http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220647017955

I'm watching that, I might be interested in it! ^_^

The bird has v mounts on the frame and I'm not 100% if you can mount a mag onto it... phone Tarty, they'll be able to answer your questions!

yes u can i have done it with the adaptor. the pro has front freewheel unlike the t bird

Edited by trials owns

I would go for the pro...

1 - It has a front freewheel, most mod riders use them on the front.. And if you get into riding, you will eventually want a front freewheel.. because it easier and it gets a good gearing.

2- Got hs33 mounts on the back and disk mounts, so you can have a choice between the two.

If you go for the bird and then decide you want Hs33's then you will have to go through the hassle of adaptors.

I have rode both of the bikes aswell and i know some people locally that have them. They both feel pretty much the same but the pro has a better rear brake and can be uprgradeed cheaper, And it looks really nice in the colours it comes in.

Edit: Just read the pro comes with a tensile freewheel, they are pretty good as well.

Hoped this helped.

Tom

Edited by papman

Hi Guys,

Which would be best for a beginner? The only main difference I can see is that the T-Bird has 'V' back brakes whereas the T-Pro has disk brakes.

Is there any main differences? If I got a T-Bird, would it be easy to change the 'V' brake to a HS33 or a disk brake?

What are 'V' brakes like?

Thanks a lot,

James

This may sond boring but when i first got my onza rip i was worned against discs because if you are a new rider and go to jump and miss you can shatter the disc.At least with v breaks you have the wheel to hit first I hit my hubs a lot whilst learning . just a thought for you to think .

This may sond boring but when i first got my onza rip i was worned against discs because if you are a new rider and go to jump and miss you can shatter the disc.At least with v breaks you have the wheel to hit first I hit my hubs a lot whilst learning . just a thought for you to think .

yes he has got a verry fair point thier on my onza bird ive all readi mashed 1 disc n only had for 6 days now but discs are brill though

To be honest i'd rather smash a roter than mash all my wheels to SH*T because its most likely going to be cheaper to replace than gettin all new hubs spokes and possibly even a rim if its that bad a crash. :S

Ashes.