Rockman Kortz 2

Canardweb

Hello, at the end of this month I will buy a Rockman Kortz 2 frame. I really like that frame, and I want to ride the bike I dream owning!

So before I buy it, I am just looking for reviews, talking about the behaving of that frame, both in natural and artificial. I want to know how it reacts to different technique and so on...

If you don't own one, just feel free to say what you think about that frame. I will be pleased to know.

Thanks a lot.

With his setup (can't remember the stem, had a Try-All Carbon bar on it), Bigman's bike felt amazing. Probably one of the nicest stocks I've ever ridden, and if I was in the market for a stock frame definitely one I'd consider. To give a bit of context, I'm 6' 1" or so and his 72° frame (10mm longer reach than the "70.5" one) fitted me perfectly. It's worth bearing in mind that it is a very light frame so it's not going to last forever, especially if you tank into stuff. If you're smooth and don't really dent/hit your frame much then I'd say it'd probably be a reasonably good shout, but if you're more prone to hitting your bike then it might not last as long.

With his setup (can't remember the stem, had a Try-All Carbon bar on it), Bigman's bike felt amazing. Probably one of the nicest stocks I've ever ridden, and if I was in the market for a stock frame definitely one I'd consider. To give a bit of context, I'm 6' 1" or so and his 72° frame (10mm longer reach than the "70.5" one) fitted me perfectly. It's worth bearing in mind that it is a very light frame so it's not going to last forever, especially if you tank into stuff. If you're smooth and don't really dent/hit your frame much then I'd say it'd probably be a reasonably good shout, but if you're more prone to hitting your bike then it might not last as long.

Slate 2 then! What would you say about it Mark?

HI. I own a Slate 2, had for about 4 months now. Very stiff. I ride both street and Natural but I am not a basher, but had few bad crashes where I hit the frame but not too bad. I am not big fan of massive drop gaps too. I would say I am an OK rider too. I progressed so much with this frame as well. To me Kortz 2 is way too light to have it as a everyday bike! Just in my opinion.

My set up:

Full HS33 no booster, braided hoses - brake feel very solid!

Try-all forks

FFW

Doouble walled rear rim with rain king, need a grip!

All brake clamp bolts are TI! - not sure if it makes a difference.

Bike is about 9.2kg but it's light enough for me.

Edited by 3dd

What is that? Explain please!

Nevermind, I'll just wait until Onza get their new stock frames out.

My freewheel fits fine without any spacers on the crappy onza BB lol just get a super thin bash ring on there. Lovely frame solid as anything so far i've not bashed it on anything apart from my chain stays so i cant really review it much for you. I am 6ft 2inch and it fits perfectly.

What is that? Explain please!

Nevermind, I'll just wait until Onza get their new stock frames out.

The Rockman 'hollow' yoke cuts down freewheel clearance a bit, so on some setups you'll need to use the sort of 2.5mm spacer you get on 73mm BBs to reduce the size to 68mm. I believe Rockman supply companies who are selling their frames with those spacers after the first shipment dropped, so wherever you get your frame from should theoretically be able to supply you with one.

The Rockman 'hollow' yoke cuts down freewheel clearance a bit, so on some setups you'll need to use the sort of 2.5mm spacer you get on 73mm BBs to reduce the size to 68mm. I believe Rockman supply companies who are selling their frames with those spacers after the first shipment dropped, so wherever you get your frame from should theoretically be able to supply you with one.

I just took a 5mm spacer from crank spacers that you get when not using a bashring. Works well. I think 3mm will just about do it.