I Have Bean Haveing Alot Of Problems With Puntchers Renctly Any Ideas

trails4lif3

I ride unicycles, but I used to get a lot of pinch flats on my creepy crawler.

I found that wrapping my inner tube up in a spare inner tube helped a lot, as well as upping the pressure. :)

If you aren't too concerned about weight, I also know a few people who run 16 inch MX tubes in their tyres who have very little trouble

I ride unicycles, but I used to get a lot of pinch flats on my creepy crawler.

I found that wrapping my inner tube up in a spare inner tube helped a lot, as well as upping the pressure. :)

If you aren't too concerned about weight, I also know a few people who run 16 inch MX tubes in their tyres who have very little trouble

thats what i doo :) helps alot :-

What some bmxers do (it might be differant for trial riders) is wrap electrical take around your rim, so it covers the spoke nipples.

This might be differant for trial riders as I've only seen it done on bmx.

Most trials rims are drilled to save weight, so there is a strip of tape going around the rim anyway (the rim tape)

What innertube are you riding? This has a big effect on when you get punctures, try riding a thicker one, if your not worried about weight. Also where you ride. If you ride where there is lots of thorns of corse you are going to get punctures.

Hope this helped.

thanks i ride all street

thats what i doo :) helps alot :-

thanks n im not worried about wieght soo i will investgate tht

• 2 weeks later...

are the punctures pinch flats, or items penetrating the tyre? if pinch flates, as already said, stick a tad more pressure in, or consider replacing the tyre, if its thorns etc, try the panaracer kevlar strips, work well at reinforcing the rubber!

I used to get this problem alot and would get snake bite puntctures every other day.

for know just carry a repair kit and minipump around in a bag . But i found the cause , I was using a starnderd bmx tube in a 19" by 2.5" back creepy crawler , This causes the tube walls to expand to have to reach the sidewalls of the tyre and therfore the tube will stretch and the walls of the tube will get thinner and puncture ALOT .

there are 2 things that can be done to sort it out . 1 run the tyre at higher pressure and you wont get so many pinch flats but one day will explode , And the second one is get a proper trials tube and you can run at whatever pressure you wish and have no problems atall . well unless you do roll over alot of thorns

hope this hellped