New From Trialtech...

Mark W

Trialtech have some new products in the pipeline, and this is the first one to reach fruitition - the Trialtech Sport Lite BB:

large_ttslite.jpg

Fully custom - not a re-branded version of anything out there, or a 'straight out of a catalogue' product. These have been tested extensively (for well over a year) by the Trialtech team and have held up incredibly well.

Each bearing unit has a unique design allowing almost twice the number of balls as normal, thus twice the load capacity. In testing, these single row bearings out-lasted double bearing units seen on other similar bottom brackets while being lighter!

Weight: Only 214g plus supplied bolts (253g including bolts)

Updated 02/09/10:

Trialtech Sport 108 freewheel (18t and 16t):

large_ttfw18.jpg

• Like 1

Trialtech have some new products in the pipeline, and this is the first one to reach fruitition - the Trialtech Sport Lite BB:

large_ttslite.jpg

Fully custom - not a re-branded version of anything out there, or a 'straight out of a catalogue' product. These have been tested extensively (for well over a year) by the Trialtech team and have held up incredibly well.

Each bearing unit has a unique design allowing almost twice the number of balls as normal, thus twice the load capacity. In testing, these single row bearings out-lasted double bearing units seen on other similar bottom brackets while being lighter!

Weight: Only 214g plus supplied bolts (253g including bolts)

1 product ?

I know everyone loves advocating Trialtech since it is a UK rider owned brand that's got personal connections with Tarty.... but is it really that much better than all the other BBs?

I still think the FIRST Isis BB may be better and stronger by design. It definitely looks cleaner too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fkTeKKzJD8&feature=player_embedded

^basically the Echo TR BB

But maybe ill get a trialtech one day if im bored

I know everyone loves advocating Trialtech since it is a UK rider owned brand that's got personal connections with Tarty.... but is it really that much better than all the other BBs?

I still think the FIRST Isis BB may be better and stronger by design. It definitely looks cleaner too...

^basically the Echo TR BB

But maybe ill get a trialtech one day if im bored

I had a Tr, it died horribly. The bearings ate into the races

It IS a Trialtech ISIS BB :P

If you mean the M12 one that's nearly 100g heavier, then no, probably not - but there were zero of those that failed...

You know what I mean... none failed as in the M12 one or this new one?

Edited by weirdoku

I don't really understand how/why - the spindle on the Trialtech is super strong - Ali's had a prototype on for over a year and it's absolutely fine. That's including all the time filming for his brakeless video, and doing a hell of a lot of demos for The Clan (which involves doing multiple 10ft drops to flat, backflips, spins off an 8ft box, etc.), as well as just 'normal' street riding and natural riding too. Ali's hammered it and it hasn't broken. The bearings still feel great too because of their design. Just having large ball bearings doesn't make a BB good, which is why the Trialtech BB bearings are stronger than those simply because they have twice the amount of bearings in the BB. The bearings in the Trialtech BB are easily replaceable too, and are readily available, which means that should you somehow manage to actually destroy the bearings in them (something no-one yet has managed to do), you can replace them for relatively little money.

The 'look cleaner' thing seems pretty strange too in that the Trialtech has a relatively simple shape to it, and is all black, which is pretty much as 'clean' as you can get? Certainly 'cleaner' than a more swept design with different coloured cups, shell, spindle and graphics? Personal opinion though I guess, eh...

Out of intrest what would you say is the second best BB?

Can the TrialTech BB fit the coloured echo crank bolts?

Not sure why you would want a "2nd best" BB, but I'd probably say the Try-all or Echo TR, however they aren't really a patch on the new Trialtech one.

The Echo SL crank bolts work a treat with the Lite BB :) Makes for a sweet setup!

Bleurgh - was going to post about that earlier but today was maaaaaad busy! You know you're tied up when you're driving parcels to the depot after work to get them out for people in time for the weekend...

Anyways - in the Mark and Adam Shipley video Adam's running that freewheel, if you wanted to get an idea of the 'noise' of it. It seems to sit between the Echo SL and the Try-All/Rockman 108.9 freewheels. It's not as mental sounding as the SL, but a lot more... 'precise' than the 108.9s. It's hard to say, it just sounds cleaner somehow. I'm led to believe the springs are different to the 108.9s which may explain that.