New From Trialtech...

Mark W

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Word, they're pretty sweet! Trialtech also now do their foam grips in a 'thin' version that's about the same diameter as the Try-All Foam grips (3-4mm narrower than their 'standard' grip).

They've also introduced some new Race stems, the 70x35 and 110x35.

large_tt7035.jpg

Chode-ally awesome.

Trialtech also now do their foam grips in a 'thin' version that's about the same diameter as the Try-All Foam grips (3-4mm narrower than their 'standard' grip).

Chode-ally awesome.

:giggle:

I wonder who put the thin grips idea in Daves head... :P

As nice as the top caps are its a shame they didnt come in Ti like the protos. Would have killed for one of those. :geek:

...they are titanium? They look identical to the proto ones, maybe it just didn't come across in photos so well. It's usually tricky getting shiny stuff to look right :(

I think Ali had been badgering Trialtech to do thin grips for a while now. They wouldn't go as thin as I wanted though. If I can't see through 'em, I'm not interested...

...they are titanium? They look identical to the proto ones, maybe it just didn't come across in photos so well. It's usually tricky getting shiny stuff to look right :(

I think Ali had been badgering Trialtech to do thin grips for a while now. They wouldn't go as thin as I wanted though. If I can't see through 'em, I'm not interested...

Yea I was going on this video. And what Kenny told me when I was down south a while ago...

So these can be run with a normal allen bolt, or do they need a counter sunk bolt? Just so anyone who wants to buy one knows...

They've also introduced some new Race stems, the 70x35

This will be on my bike as soon as possible, so I can give you that other one back (Y)

EDIT: f**k me, that's the first time I haven't had to phone up after doing my order online :o

Edited by JDâ„¢

Yea I was going on this video. And what Kenny told me when I was down south a while ago...

So these can be run with a normal allen bolt, or do they need a counter sunk bolt? Just so anyone who wants to buy one knows...

The production ones look the same as the one I think I had on my bike when I came up before (at least I'm pretty sure I had it on there?). They look pimp anyway, that's all that matters :P

This is Adam's sample one, and it looks identical to the production ones:

large_ttsltopcap2.jpg

Regarding the bolt, I guess there's nothing really stopping you using a cap head bolt, but they're designed to work with a countersunk headed bolt. If you use a cap head bolt then all the force is basically going to be going through the thin edge where the corner of the bolt touches the 'cup' on the top cap, so it might not be ideal. I imagine it could handle it fine, but I reckon a countersunk bolt would be best.

This will be on my bike as soon as possible, so I can give you that other one back (Y)

EDIT: f**k me, that's the first time I haven't had to phone up after doing my order online :o

Winner (Y) Remembered about that yesterday or the day before when I was talking to Sam about stuff he'd left in my car... I think I've got Matt's sunglasses in my door pocket too, and maybe someone's sleeping bag?

Winner (Y) Remembered about that yesterday or the day before when I was talking to Sam about stuff he'd left in my car... I think I've got Matt's sunglasses in my door pocket too, and maybe someone's sleeping bag?

Want me to wait till next time we cross paths or send it in?

I've still got a couple of Ts and a hoody, and a towel at mine that people left - no-one claimed them in Bristol...

24tour reunion and parts/clothing retrieval blatantly.

Major pissup in Bristol or somewhere relatively central, hungover ride, done.

That stem is awfully tempting, though it'd be nice to see a slightly smaller stack height. Guessing that'd be pretty hard to do without changing all the tubing though, so not expecting it any time soon :P

Edit; Scrub that, just spotted that BBB stem - same geo and 7mm off the stack, winner (Y)

That's where they went!! You have my dead blow mallet too, but since that was kinda essential to start your car at some points I figured you'd best keep it :P

In for reunion though,

• 8 months later...

Shiny and new - the Trialtech SL Carbon Risers! These have been tested by a bunch of different riders including Kenny Belaey, Rick Koekoek, Stan, Cap and apparently even Neil Tunnicliffe. They use a different profile/shape to all the other carbon bars available which gives them more stiffness and strength, yet a lower overall weight at 205.9g (75g lighter than their box ;)). Sweet matte finish with some nice silver graphics, they come in a bitchin' box and have a 6 month warranty. All good. They've got similar geo to the other TT bars, giving them 10° back and up sweep, and 730mm width.

large_ttslcarbon.jpg

large_ttslcarbon2.jpg

large_ttslcarbon6.jpg

large_ttslcarbon3.jpg

large_ttslcarbon4.jpg

large_ttslcarbon5.jpg

• Like 1