New From Trialtech...

Mark W

I braught a set of these from radical bikes the other day, should be here tomorrow. Its my first set of carbon bars is there any dos and don'ts with them because jack carthy and a few others said they left their stem fairly loose because they were worried about crushing the bars from over tightening the stem.. Soo would that be possible to do?

Though it'd be best ask here rarther than start a new topic.

just be careful as carbon bars tend to move in the stem if not tight enough, but worst case is for them to move back really

He was talking about the 6 month manufacturers warranty, which is unrelated to that.

he was thinking if he buys them and they snap he wont get a replacement, but he should because of his statutory rights

That would happen with any bars, not only carbon...

try reading it again i said carbon bars tend to slip easier than alloy bars.

try reading it again i said carbon bars tend to slip easier than alloy bars.

Seeing as you love to get picky Dave, I don't really see any reference to "alloy bars" here at all:

just be careful as carbon bars tend to move in the stem if not tight enough, but worst case is for them to move back really

Got mine about mid day and given then a cupple hours ride. I thought my bike rode well before but its NOTHING compaired to how these make my bike feel. Anyone considering buying a set i'd say go for it, you wont regret it! Worth every penny.

im talking about laurence's new bars... obviously!

No, you have clearly stated here:

i said carbon bars tend to slip easier than alloy bars.

You even told Dave to read it again, because you assured him than you said "carbon bars tend to slip easier than alloy bars". You didn't state that at all, you simply said that carbon bars will slip back if the stem isn't clamped tightly enough. I'll again refer you to your post:

just be careful as carbon bars tend to move in the stem if not tight enough

There is no comparison within that statement to any other bar, alloy or otherwise.

As we've all been made aware Dave, you like everything to be crystal clear and out in the open. I'm doing this to help you not make something like that unclear again.

• Like 3

No, you have clearly stated here:

You even told Dave to read it again, because you assured him than you said "carbon bars tend to slip easier than alloy bars". You didn't state that at all, you simply said that carbon bars will slip back if the stem isn't clamped tightly enough. I'll again refer you to your post:

There is no comparison within that statement to any other bar, alloy or otherwise.

As we've all been made aware Dave, you like everything to be crystal clear and out in the open. I'm doing this to help you not make something like that unclear again.

Ok thanks for that mark, is this a free service or will there be a charge ?

Back on topic ?

I managed to Bend some trialtech sport riser bars just after the guarantee had expired from when they first came out F*cking typical that.

I don't think I have found any brands that have impressed me for quality and strength (apart from middleburns) as all bikes I have had ran a mix brand of components.

I've broke parts from these following brands (most within 6-12 months)

Onza

Echo

Zoo

Trialtech

Try-all

Neon

Monty

Magura

All this from 07 onwards as trials parts decided to go down hill.

Anyone fancy getting a time capsule with parts from pre 2005?

Edited by Andeee

Any new trialtech coming out this year other than carbon bars?

I might be a bit cheeky asking this here... Noticed a few neon stuff has come in stock, are you going to stock 24" singlewall neon rims?

were else do you put them? ;) only joking i don't want to be shit on by a guy after 8 stellas and a vindalo :)

ahhh banter these days eh... i'd love a set of them bars... i find it strange how they advertise the box to be all great... usually get ripped open by excitement anyway :)

cheers for the laugh reading them posts

I got the trialtech sports not long ago, and I have got to admit I love them!, they are pretty light. but I still would not spend £120 just to save 100 grams.

If I do become a mega weight weenie though, I might consider it haha

A huge majority of older items are just terrible. Honestly, aside from 05 mags I cant think of anything pre 08 Id want to run.

The range of products now is amazing, better quality than anything from "back in the day". Hundreds/ thousands of individuals run modern day components with no real issues at all.

If things are breaking very quickly, go for something a tad beefier.

Nothing but good has come from new items in my opinion. Better geo's, wider range of companies, strong yet light frames....

Warranties are more than decent enough. I too was unfortunate enough to have my Ice crack 4 days after the warranty expired, but it happens.

With breaking things comes knowledge, of which Ive gained enough to list the spec which will allow my new build to be light yet strong.

A huge majority of older items are just terrible. Honestly, aside from 05 mags I cant think of anything pre 08 Id want to run.

The range of products now is amazing, better quality than anything from "back in the day".

04 mags!

• Like 1

04 mags, echo external BB, rb blades.

+1. 04 maguras are the only brake I've ever run to any length of time, and can't fault them at all. wish Magura would make them again on a limited edition run, I'd buy a set straight away. in race line yellow for the win

I second the 04 maggie love - have bought myself 8 of them in advance: 2 sidehop blue, 1 frog, 2 red, 1 race line yellow, 2 quick silver

edit: and 3 CNC blades and 4 T-blades for them... I hope this is enough for my whole trials-life...

Edited by LauraPalmer

the carbon fibre vs alloy debate is hilarious, if you don't like it, don't buy it, and don't bitch about it either, when we get the next fancy new bike material it'll be the same all over, and c.f will be defended, loller