Respraying Rim And Forks

murph82

Hi

any advice on the best way to spray my forks which are scratched to buggery and my rear gold anodised tryall rim which I bought because it was cheap but totally the wrong colour..........

wanna spray both black, can i just spray or will it need prepping a lot?

thanks

kevin

Edited by murph82

sand all exisiting paint off the forks, using 180 grade sand paper. Then spray primer onto forks, once primers dry sand using 300 grade sand paper, then apply another coat of primer. Sand again using 400 grade paper and spray a few layers of paint, ensure each layers dry before applying the next. Don't go too mad with the paint.

Primer and spray paint from halfords should be ideal. enjoy!

Edited by tubby

sand all exisiting paint off the forks, using 180 grade sand paper. Then spray primer onto forks, once primers dry sand using 300 grade sand paper, then apply another coat of primer. Sand again using 400 grade paper and spray a few layers of paint, ensure each layers dry before applying the next. Don't go too mad with the paint.

Primer and spray paint from halfords should be ideal. enjoy!

cheers mate, i thought it'd be along those lines, laid up sick at the moment so plenty of time, should tidy the bike up!