Recomend Me A Fixie ?

JL !

Hi well im looking for a cheap fixie to commute on , i had a brakeless ss roady but its broke and to fix it would cost me a fair bit so im kind of looking for a new one .

i have about 300 pound to spend so can someone guide me please ?

i know create are 'shit' so im not buying one of those ....

help please

thanksss

Excuse my ignorance, but how can Create be "shit"?

Fixies don't have gears or brakes, so there's not much they can get wrong is there?

Apparently you aren't the only ignorant one in this thread. The Create frames are made of cheese, and welded terribly. They will bend/snap with any amount of use. The drivetrain is terrible, and wears at an incredible speed. The chains they supply snap unbelievably easily, bearings are all shit. Everything about them is shit.

LFGSS is very useful. Some real bargains on there, but if you act like an idiot on there, they will destroy you.

You could never in a million years build a 'beaut' for £300 (you could easily spend that on a frame), but you could definitely scrape something acceptable together. Your best bet would be to buy a second hand complete bike from LFGSS, but be very specific about what you want, and know what size etc you need. However, if you ride brakeless on a freewheeling road bike; you're a fucking idiot and deserve to go under a truck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had my create for over a year now and it's still working fine.

The front tyre slit and the chain broke but the freewheel is still going strong somehow.

It cost me 199 pounds and i've been riding it quite harshley I get carried away sometimes and bunnyhop it and do 180 endos.

Not gonna lie, I bought a Create before I'd read anything about them. Slightly regret it now, but reading the post above is comforting. I only want it as something to hack about town on, so no major biggie if it breaks down on me. Been delivered this morning, so time will tell I suppose :)

The create arrived yesterday, put it together last night.

Sorry for crappy phone picture.

168708_479787842986_772187986_5980894_1528868_n.jpg

First impressions are, its a little on the heavy side for a roadie and I could have welded it together better, but apart from that it seems ok. Extremely cheap looking parts, but what do you expect for £200?

Rides alright, nice and smooooooth. Time will tell how it holds up.

Sam, if its dry at the weekend I'll ride up into town at somepoint and you can have a go if you want.

Edd

Edited by eddbmxdude