Top Gun.

Mark W

Comedy product names, and some pretty good weights too...

large_srtopgunrd.jpg

large_srtopgunrd116.jpg

large_srtopgunr135.jpg

large_srtopgunft.jpg

large_srtopgunftnd.jpg

large_srtopgunr.jpg

All weights are including bolts and spacers (which weigh 19g):

Front disc: 129g

Front non-disc: 93g

Rear 116: 136g

Rear 116 disc: 177g

Rear 135: 142g

Rear 135 disc: 185g

Why is it said on Tartybikes

Because - unlike others - we try to be as honest as possible about what we sell.

"Please note that the finishing quality of these hubs is not quite as high as we would like..."

Basically means that, as you can sort of see in those photos up there, the standard of finish on the aluminium parts of the hub aren't up there with some other hubs on the market. To avoid people thinking "Shiny aluminium + carbon fibre = super top quality hub", we added that on there and dropped our prices to reflect that.

Tarty gonna stock any other speed race parts that are on the easy bike website?

From what I'm led to believe probably not, for a number of reasons.

Because - unlike others - we try to be as honest as possible about what we sell.

Basically means that, as you can sort of see in those photos up there, the standard of finish on the aluminium parts of the hub aren't up there with some other hubs on the market. To avoid people thinking "Shiny aluminium + carbon fibre = super top quality hub", we added that on there and dropped our prices to reflect that.

From what I'm led to believe probably not, for a number of reasons.

Okay! Thanls for your honesty Tarty people!

Top Gun stuff machined at top speed?

Be interesting to see how the disc hubs stand up to the torque. Any idea whether the carbon is purely bonded in there? Or is there a mechanical interface too?

Be interesting to see how the disc hubs stand up to the torque. Any idea whether the carbon is purely bonded in there? Or is there a mechanical interface too?

Exactly what myself and Mr Rainbird were talking about last night. Looks so damn pimp though!

Think it's 'just' bonded in, but it's effectively getting support from the wheelbuild too, so I can't really see it being much of a problem?

Let me guess... dick'ed deng?

Nothing to do with any of our other manufacturers.

Think it's 'just' bonded in, but it's effectively getting support from the wheelbuild too, so I can't really see it being much of a problem?

Torque has to be transferred across the hub to the other flange. The disc side will take up a large proportion of this but there is a lot to go around! There's some epoxy around with very impressive shear strength though, I'm just curious as to whether they'd used a mechanical interface too, as that would almost eliminate that mode of failure.

I think what mark meant was that the pieces could be colpetely seperate but once the wheel is built and tensioned, it will squash the two flanges together sandwiching the carbon between. There are some roady hubs that do the same and the new DT wheels work on a similar principle

• 2 weeks later...

i got a set of these hubs(non disc front and rear) last week built up lovely finish was nice look realy nice with my silver try all hole rims but the only problem i have is that the front bearings lasted an hour :angry: ,now they sound like fireworks goin off.i ordered some skf bearings for them today so problem sorted but just wondered if anybody else has a set and have you had the same problem?or is it just my set.

i got a set of these hubs(non disc front and rear) last week built up lovely finish was nice look realy nice with my silver try all hole rims but the only problem i have is that the front bearings lasted an hour :angry: ,now they sound like fireworks goin off.i ordered some skf bearings for them today so problem sorted but just wondered if anybody else has a set and have you had the same problem?or is it just my set.

Its because your front end is so heavy

• 1 month later...

yeh guess 19pound bike weight is to much for there bearings,got new ones in now and are lovely and smooth.so if you goin to buy a set be prepared to have to change the bearings fairly sharpish.

these bearings died aswell after 3weeks :angry: ,just noticed the flange has somehow bent inwards aswell.havent hit it or anything so iv given up and got a rockman non disc now.

was joking you idiot you riding much still?

not loads my knee is playing up at min again plus weather is pants.try and get one decent ride in a week then couple easy ones.mite be seing crisp tuesday weather permitting.you wana buy a speedrace hub?ha ha.

you ride much?