2012 Inspired Range

Mark W

From the inspired site - http://www.inspiredb...hp?update_id=26

Skye Frame Updates

Posted: 02/08/2012

The Skye frames have recently been updated with a small feature change which means that they are no longer available with the 4-bolt brake mounts as found on the original versions. Recent improvements in disc brake design and feedback from team riders has shown that it is no longer necessary to use rim brakes when riding at the highest level. The removal of these mounts has not only improved the appearance of the frame, giving it a much cleaner look, but it also benefits from a small saving in weight. The Skye will continue to be available as a complete bike or frame kit only.

Edit: Nevermind. You guys are talking about the Hex, I got it mixed up with the Skye for a second. I'm guessing the next batch of Hex's will have disc mounts added though..

Edited by cai

From the inspired site - http://www.inspiredb...hp?update_id=26

Edit: Nevermind. You guys are talking about the Hex, I got it mixed up with the Skye for a second. I'm guessing the next batch of Hex's will have disc mounts added though..

im after buying a hex fuse complete in a weeks time but dont know whether to wait for the disc frame for come out or not

TRA and a few other riders have been testing them for a while so I wouldn't have thought they'd have been too far away. I haven't seen them, but I'd assume it'd relatively similar to the mount on the Skye/Fourplay frames which are pretty well proven so from that point of view I wouldn't have thought there'd be too much to worry about. Most of the Inspired guys are over in Germany at Eurobike now so I wouldn't expect to get any answers from them any time soon :P