Bonz 2011 Range

Mark W

Bonz, a sub-brand of Ozonys, have some new bits out for 2011, including some pretty light rear hubs, some rims, some stems, some bashrings and some alloy sprockets.

large_bonz116.jpg

116mm disc rear hub, including splined alloy sprocket (normal HG spline, rather than a proprietary spline system like Echo, etc.), lockring, bolts and spacers: 216g

large_bonz135.jpg

135mm rear hub, including splined alloy sprocket, lockring, bolts and spacers: 198g

large_bonzft.jpg

Front disc hub: 158g

large_bonzhalf.jpg

large_bonzhalf2.jpg

Halfrings: 16g

large_bonzstem.jpg

Forged stem (170 x 35): 232g

large_bonz20b.jpg

large_bonz20w.jpg

large_bonz26b.jpg

large_bonz26w.jpg

Front 28h rims: 352g (20"), 493g (26").

They did indeed!

Regarding the pricing, it'd definitely be cool if they were cheaper (as with everything I guess :P), but I guess the alloy sprockets bump the price up a bit, as does all the extra work required to make a splined hub good enough to use. It's a fair bit harder to do than just battering a load of threads on a more 'conventional' hub, which is pretty much the reason why no other companies are really going for the splined hubs much. So yeah, that, plus the fact it's aimed to compete with stuff like the Try-All H line mean it isn't cheap.

EDIT: Just checked out that Curve 2 build. Radial rear lacing. Hmm...

They did indeed!

Regarding the pricing, it'd definitely be cool if they were cheaper (as with everything I guess :P), but I guess the alloy sprockets bump the price up a bit, as does all the extra work required to make a splined hub good enough to use. It's a fair bit harder to do than just battering a load of threads on a more 'conventional' hub, which is pretty much the reason why no other companies are really going for the splined hubs much. So yeah, that, plus the fact it's aimed to compete with stuff like the Try-All H line mean it isn't cheap.

EDIT: Just checked out that Curve 2 build. Radial rear lacing. Hmm...

Are tarty getting the new ozonys curve 20'' frame in?

The rims seem to be the same as the V!Z rims.

Stems are quite like the tarty/trialprod/.../generic/stems. Just a bite longer for the stock one. The quality is not so nice , i bought one, threads/holes are drilled a bit higgledy piggledy, But maybe it is just mine.

Anyway splined rear hub is a very good thing.