Unfixed

Box

If that is the case about Akrigg's 2011 plans, i only wish that someone would give this man a more modern refined steed to do this on ie; HEX 26.Chris's megamo has served him well but he would ride way better on a Hex 26.

Thing is chris he might be happy with wat hes got (megamo frame). I did send him a link of the hex bike, and he said it looked pretty tidy.

But its upto chris and mongoose to deside on wether to make a frame.

Edited by John Shrewsbury

But what about all those impressionable kids the media were going on about who were going to start thinking it was acceptable to steal cars, run-over pedestrians, shoot prostitutes and rob people because they saw it in Grand Theft Auto?

Didn't you watch the last episode of misfits??

Points from a 47 year old dad.

1 I was doing brakeless down Arthur seat in Edinburgh on a home built trials bike with some mates in1977ish. Nothings really that new! We didnt have helmets to buy far less trials bikes. We starfished ourselfs alot and ended up in hospital getting patched up.

2 Having two kids. they are really impressionable of what the top guys are doing. (BIG POINT)

3 I always make my two wear helmets when they are riding. What they do when I am not there is for them, as all I can do is ask that they do.

4 This guy has an image and an identity to keep and thats his flat cap and the likes. Everyone should have the choice to do and be what they want as long as it doesnt affect others. He ,by doing videos ect to make money has a responsability to promote the sensible thing to do. ie wear a helmet. If he wants to ride like he does then so be it, if he starfishes him self then hospital food is a lot better than it used to be.

5 I personally dont care what he does and if its fun to watch his vids then great.. I agree what others have said, that his sponsors should contract him to do the right thing.

6 I hate health and money making in this country. It affects the work I do on a daily bases and I do let my kids jump out of trees and do somersaults on their trampoline, its the only way you learn the limits and dangers of what you do in life. Some arsehole telling us constantly what you can and cannot do because of H&S is going to kill this countries kids adventouris spirit and trials has this spirit in bucket loads.

My opinion is, there are advances in what we know on a daily bases like wearing a helmet WILL save your life when you do crash, whether you choose to take that advice should be up to you. BUT if you do it in the public eye then you have a duty of care to the younger impressionable riders.

Everybody can have there opionion and I take on board what others say and make my decisions in life based on that and what I believe is the right thing to do.

Stick it to the man as Jack Black says but do do a Risk assesment and method statement and get it approved by some arsehole who has never stuck it to the man but has been to university and done a course on how to stick it to the man legally and not hurt yourself. Course written by a man who has never stuck it to the man and course approved by someone who used to work in some council department licking windows before he was promoted due to legislation written by some arsehole that everybody has equal rights to do any job before you do!

Feel much better now and it still only 7am

• Like 1

1 I was doing brakeless down Arthur seat in Edinburgh on a home built trials bike with some mates in1977ish. Nothings really that new! We didnt have helmets to buy far less trials bikes. We starfished ourselfs alot and ended up in hospital getting patched up.

2 Having two kids. they are really impressionable of what the top guys are doing. (BIG POINT)

3 I always make my two wear helmets when they are riding. What they do when I am not there is for them, as all I can do is ask that they do.

4 This guy has an image and an identity to keep and thats his flat cap and the likes. Everyone should have the choice to do and be what they want as long as it doesnt affect others. He ,by doing videos ect to make money has a responsability to promote the sensible thing to do. ie wear a helmet. If he wants to ride like he does then so be it, if he starfishes him self then hospital food is a lot better than it used to be.

5 I personally dont care what he does and if its fun to watch his vids then great.. I agree what others have said, that his sponsors should contract him to do the right thing.

6 I hate health and money making in this country. It affects the work I do on a daily bases and I do let my kids jump out of trees and do somersaults on their trampoline, its the only way you learn the limits and dangers of what you do in life. Some arsehole telling us constantly what you can and cannot do because of H&S is going to kill this countries kids adventouris spirit and trials has this spirit in bucket loads.

My opinion is, there are advances in what we know on a daily bases like wearing a helmet WILL save your life when you do crash, whether you choose to take that advice should be up to you. BUT if you do it in the public eye then you have a duty of care to the younger impressionable riders.

Everybody can have there opionion and I take on board what others say and make my decisions in life based on that and what I believe is the right thing to do.

Stick it to the man as Jack Black says but do do a Risk assesment and method statement and get it approved by some arsehole who has never stuck it to the man but has been to university and done a course on how to stick it to the man legally and not hurt yourself. Course written by a man who has never stuck it to the man and course approved by someone who used to work in some council department licking windows before he was promoted due to legislation written by some arsehole that everybody has equal rights to do any job before you do!

Rant Over Kevin?

Thing is chris he might be happy with wat hes got (megamo frame). I did send him a link of the hex bike, and he said it looked pretty tidy.

But its upto chris and mongoose to deside on wether to make a frame.

He's been with Mongoose long enough, so how much longer does he have to wait before he get his own signature frame built?

He's been with Mongoose long enough, so how much longer does he have to wait before he get his own signature frame built?

Not sure if this is a custom frame but there was another photo of it posted quite a while ago now:

jl901.jpg

nice protective flat peak. I have no respect to anyone who doesn't wear a helmet, especially someone of his level/caliber of riding!

agreed

that was different! Pretty sweet though, takes mad skills to do that kind of stuff! Mucho respect!

get over yourself

yeah, while we're at it, all bmxers in videos should also have written contracts to wear helmets too cos it's blatantly giving the companies a bad image.

not cool at all, being a p.rick online will get you nowere in life

exactly, im a dad now and the thing is even before i was for such a little thing to do , ei put ur lid on, its really worth it, just cos it might not look cool! neithe does a man with his brains on the floor..

Edited by Damon W

...if you wonna slag off near enough every tgs video on here...

OK Damon - get some posts up here about Ali slagging off TGS videos, and we can get the list of posts of you taking the piss out of 'BMX' trials riders on here too, then we can compare, can't we?

again, the irony.

its not a threat

OK Damon - get some posts up here about Ali slagging off TGS videos, and we can get the list of posts of you taking the piss out of 'BMX' trials riders on here too, then we can compare, can't we?

i cant be arsed to waste my life going through them, youre more then welcome to show me 'slagging off' bmx trials videos, multiqwote and link aswell if youre going to, dont want any editing going on.

the thing that annoys me is nearly everypost i see from ali is sarcastic/degrading or something else negative. if all the tartybikes lot are gonna join in so be it, but i think its alittle stupid though tryna flip it round to me, im not the first to notice this about ali, but i seem to be the first to mention it.

Edited by Damon W
  • Like 1

if all the tartybikes lot are gonna join in

How is me replying 'all the tartybikes lot'? I've lived with Ali for 9 months, and now we live on the same street as each other - I'm not replying to you because I work at TartyBikes, I'm replying to you because you're talking shit about someone I'm pretty good friends with, and all you're basing it on is a warped view about what Ali's like on here. The whole point about sarcasm is that it's generally a joke. If you can't handle people joking then you probably shouldn't be on an online messageboard. I'm sure the other people to "notice" that about Ali are probably coming from a fairly similar viewpoint to you, which would probably explain why they're getting shitty about it too.

I'm not going to bother quoting posts you've made about BMXy style riders because you know as well as I do you've made them, so there's literally no point in doing it.

How is me replying 'all the tartybikes lot'? I've lived with Ali for 9 months, and now we live on the same street as each other - I'm not replying to you because I work at TartyBikes, I'm replying to you because you're talking shit about someone I'm pretty good friends with, and all you're basing it on is a warped view about what Ali's like on here. The whole point about sarcasm is that it's generally a joke. If you can't handle people joking then you probably shouldn't be on an online messageboard. I'm sure the other people to "notice" that about Ali are probably coming from a fairly similar viewpoint to you, which would probably explain why they're getting shitty about it too.

I'm not going to bother quoting posts you've made about BMXy style riders because you know as well as I do you've made them, so there's literally no point in doing it.

if i have iv not noticed and i cant find any? i like that style riding so why would i? alis brakeless video is SICK! and i commentd sayin that! iv not got a warped view i just think its weird.

im not tryingto start an arguement btw

its not a threat

i cant be arsed to waste my life going through them, youre more then welcome to show me 'slagging off' bmx trials videos, multiqwote and link aswell if youre going to, dont want any editing going on.

the thing that annoys me is nearly everypost i see from ali is sarcastic/degrading or something else negative. if all the tartybikes lot are gonna join in so be it, but i think its alittle stupid though tryna flip it round to me, im not the first to notice this about ali, but i seem to be the first to mention it.

"threat

–noun

a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course; menace: He confessed under the threat of imprisonment.

an indication or warning of probable trouble: The threat of a storm was in the air. "

The thing is, I am infact not very negative at all. I would class myself as a very happy person. My posts on here are both positive AND negative, why only ever stuff that people agree with? The whole point of this place is it's a discussion board to discuss what you think about things. If everyone only ever came on and agreed with everything going on then A) I would suspect they were not being themselves, and B ) this place would be a lot more boring.

I propse that you are infact the negative person and only see the things you want to see. I am not the hugest fan of TGS riding, but I used to dabble in it a bit myself and I am quite happy to post positive comments on videos I like (as I have done on most of your vids).

Here we go, another 20,000 word essay on why you would like to work for tartybikes. Plus if you're asking to see Ali C making a negative comment... check any thread or this one which I remember being highly irritating at the time http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=159187&st=0&p=2224480&#entry2224480

Here we go, another 20,000 word essay on why you would like to work for tartybikes.

So me saying that I used to live with Ali is a 20,000 word essay about my current job? Can you actually read? Probably not, which is why you trying to prove to me that Ali's made negative/sarcastic comments when I clearly said that I knew he made them.

Try harder, Mike.

So me saying that I used to live with Ali is a 20,000 word essay about my current job? Can you actually read? Probably not, which is why you trying to prove to me that Ali's made negative/sarcastic comments when I clearly said that I knew he made them.

Try harder, Mike.

I barely come on here any more, the sole reason is down to dicks like you being pedantic and having no life beyond winning the argument of the moment. Move on dude, pull your dick out of everyone's arse and do your own thing

• Like 3