Unfixed

Box

I call into question exactly which one is more negative here?

Anyway, read my post.

I didnt even read that as negative to be honest, I remember watching the vid and the kid is pretty dwarfed by the bike, I bet a lot of older trials riders couldn't do what he does on a bike 1.5 times the size it should be, I don't see how it's a bad thing? :P

"threat

–noun

a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course; menace: He confessed under the threat of imprisonment.

an indication or warning of probable trouble: The threat of a storm was in the air. "

The thing is, I am infact not very negative at all. I would class myself as a very happy person. My posts on here are both positive AND negative, why only ever stuff that people agree with? The whole point of this place is it's a discussion board to discuss what you think about things. If everyone only ever came on and agreed with everything going on then A) I would suspect they were not being themselves, and B ) this place would be a lot more boring.

I propse that you are infact the negative person and only see the things you want to see. I am not the hugest fan of TGS riding, but I used to dabble in it a bit myself and I am quite happy to post positive comments on videos I like (as I have done on most of your vids).

i stand by what i said, telling joe oakley to 'get over himself' is super not cool in my book, but anyway ..

i appreciatte constructive criticism but the thing is alot of comments come across very almost dismissive of others,kind of asthough your looking down on them sorta thing if you get me? :huh:

ile leave it at that, if ive said out untoward then im sorry but i think all ive said is fair

surely thats fair? ( i see what youre saying about it being a messageboard and things coming across wrong BUT saying get over youreself cannot be mis construde, its as black and white as a zebra)

AMEN

the video was very inspiring! ureal how he can do that on such a weird bike!!

• Like 1

that was different! Pretty sweet though, takes mad skills to do that kind of stuff! Mucho respect!

get over yourself

Get over myself? A "professional" rider to make a video where he isn't wearing a helmet. think its disgusting. its not exactly portraying a very good image. People like myself, Andrei, Dan and ben are constantly trying to explain to kids the importance of wearing a helmet then one of the best known riders in the country goes and sticks a vid on the internet wearing a flat peak cap. I'm sorry if helmets aren't cool enough. When he is just riding he can do what he likes, but when he is making a video i personally feel he should wear a helmet.

REALLY, you saw that video and thought, oh he aint got a helmet ?

Yes.

From reading Chris' blog, seeing interviews with him and all that sort of thing I don't think he views himself as some sort of "role model" who's out to "promote the sport" and all that other stuff a lot of trials riders seem to come out with, so I don't think he's particularly worried about not wearing a helmet from that point of view...

It doesn't matter if he sees himself as a 'role model'. if other people/kids see him that way.

Get over myself? A "professional" rider to make a video where he isn't wearing a helmet. think its disgusting. its not exactly portraying a very good image. People like myself, Andrei, Dan and ben are constantly trying to explain to kids the importance of wearing a helmet then one of the best known riders in the country goes and sticks a vid on the internet wearing a flat peak cap. I'm sorry if helmets aren't cool enough. When he is just riding he can do what he likes, but when he is making a video i personally feel he should wear a helmet.

Yes.

I think it's a very strange decision that you cant respect someone who is out there doing his own thing, obviously having fun and making a living at the same time just because he didn't wear a helmet? As someone else mentioned, he doesn't have brakes! he doesn't have reflectors, a bell or anything, that's dangerous is it not? They are legal requirements for bikes to be sold and ridden, helmets are not.

I do agree that helmets should be worn and I tell kids at demos to do so, Chris is not a kid, he can wear whatever he likes (and personally, I think the flatcap suits his image as a yorkshireman).

As someone else mentioned, he doesn't have brakes! he doesn't have reflectors, a bell or anything, that's dangerous is it not? They are legal requirements for bikes to be sold and ridden, helmets are not.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, this arguement could go on for ever.. its practically christmas now shut up. :)

Chris is not a kid, he can wear whatever he likes (and personally, I think the flatcap suits his image as a yorkshireman).

Seriously, dont be a c0ck!!

Chris is a professional who has a big influence on riders of all ages. He is performing/showcasing his riding in a public domain and weather he likes it or not is an ambassador for the sport we all enjoy so much. He therefore has a responsibility / duty of care to lead by example and promote reasonable safety precautions are taken whilst riding. Simple as that!!!

I'm sorry Ali C but as you are someone who has enjoyed some reasonably high levels of media coverage and therefore has similar responsibility / influence to Chris you are being ‘plain as day’ irresponsible posting such a comment on a public forum.

Have a word with yourself and think before firing from the hip such blasé posts, Dont be a dingbat!

Even though it's set up freewheel, Chris is riding his sponsors fixedwheel bike, surely most of the people who will take an interest in this particular video are the fixieskidder tricks kids, most of whom are graphic designers or accountants in their mid to late 20s?

When was the last time you saw any of them wear a helmet? In fact, find me a single video on say John Prolly or fixedtrix.com where any of the riders are wearing a lid?

Trials is fairly unique in it's adoption of helmet wearing for all riding whether it's competition or a hungover sunday ride with your buddies but people will always make their own choices irrespective of Chris's perceived care of duty (Which is just that, perception not contractual obligation.

• Like 2

ok, so by me saying Chris is allowed to wear a helmet or not suddenly makes me a cock and giving a bad example to the sport? I guess the years of supporting clubs, giving out advice (either at work or out riding) being polite to anyone who has talked to me about the sport, not riding on shit I deemed disrespectful, not being loud and obnoxious, and in general trying to be as thoughtful as possible to most people doesn't count? I have also been sponsored pretty much non stop since 2003 with Tartybikes being my longest term sponsor, I try to be as polite as possible, but as I said before, I will comment on things that I think negatively about, get over it.

• Like 3

ok, so by me saying Chris is allowed to wear a helmet or not suddenly makes me a cock and giving a bad example to the sport?

In a nut shell, yes! But I will comment on things I feel negatively about, get over it!

someone in your position should be promoting the use of a crash helmet not supporting it as an optional extra.

I guess the years of supporting clubs, giving out advice (either at work or out riding) being polite to anyone who has talked to me about the sport, not riding on shit I deemed disrespectful, not being loud and obnoxious, and in general trying to be as thoughtful as possible to most people doesn't count?

Stop resting on your laurels and take responsibility for the brainless comments you write, you have kids that actually list to what you write on here and condoning the non use of a helmet by the top guys in the sport is cock like!!

Edited by saunders