Koxx Sky 2

Ben Swales

Cheaper though...

Personally it seems like step backwards in a few respects...

Mod stock spacing

Bland and uninteresting graphics. The red and orange sky were works of art!

Not a really low weight? 1.6kgs is more average nowadays...

Definately, the red sky was an absolute thing of beauty!!

Why everyone is talking about how they look like. Nice, simple frame shape, simple colour - probably a perfect comp owning machine! Its what's inside that matters! :shifty:

Cant agree any more :) built for what it does, since when looks are more important than form, looks dont help you improve do they?

If they had a choice £XXXXXXX amount for a budget for manufacturing bikes and customers to buy

They and we Spend £XXX on better geo and stronger/lighter materials/parts and dosent look great and lasts ORRRR

They and we Spend £XXX on paint/ stickers names colour schemes and rides like crap snaps breaks like last few models you pick

They're nice and simple, though I still couldn't justify the price tags Koxx charge on their frames, that's just me I guess. Clothing, cars, and other accessories I'd be more comfortable with buying from a world famous brand though...

Ahh, the 2010 Skys looked brilliant!

Still, it's interesting to view the constant progression of trials geometry and design trends! Gone are the days of CNC'd behemoths and high BB frames with less choice of compatible steering parts to make it feel 'right'! Ahh 2006.. :(^_^

Iv just seen a recent picture of the new 26, and it looks like vince is running a much higher and longer stem to accommodate for the high bb. i remember riding the vinco once which had a +80 bb i think with a mod stem, it felt sooo nice.. maybe these 26" frames wont ride as bad as some people think... :rolleyes:

Iv just seen a recent picture of the new 26, and it looks like vince is running a much higher and longer stem to accommodate for the high bb. i remember riding the vinco once which had a +80 bb i think with a mod stem, it felt sooo nice.. maybe these 26" frames wont ride as bad as some people think... :rolleyes:

in the other picture he was running a "125 x25" that actually measures at about 117mm. Super low front end surely?

In a sense, yes, but if you look at a more 'normal' stock from this year compared to a stock from 10 years ago, things have changed a reasonable amount. I'm not saying I'd want to run a +70mm BB, I'm just saying that people have to be open for change as things evolve (or devolve, depending on how you look at things :P).