Koxx Sky 2

Ben Swales

• 3 weeks later...

Cant be bothered to read through all those pages so I'm going to just say it; don't know if this has already been said.

Was looking at the warranty page on Koxx website and it says this:

The guarantee (warranty) does not apply:

- If this product is used in competition.

So.. no warranty for the competition riders. It's no damn different!!

I know Benito Ros gets free frames from them anyway, but say he didn't... he's screwed!

It's the same for most types of bikes, dirt jump bikes not warranted for jumping, stunts and freestyle etc. Manufacturers can't guarantee against your riding and what you'll put it through, if they did Benito would be riding a 2 kilo frame; otherwise they'd be issuing warranty replacements left right and centre. Lets be honest trials parts get through some massive forces, in some cases I'm impressed they last as long as they do.

It's the same for most types of bikes, dirt jump bikes not warranted for jumping, stunts and freestyle etc. Manufacturers can't guarantee against your riding and what you'll put it through, if they did Benito would be riding a 2 kilo frame; otherwise they'd be issuing warranty replacements left right and centre. Lets be honest trials parts get through some massive forces, in some cases I'm impressed they last as long as they do.

When you think some people in 1 ride may try a 6" drop easily 5 or 6 times. a 70kg guy (not at all big) landing on only the rear wheel is going to put huge amounts of stress on the rear end of the bike. If you ride 3 times a week (summer :P) thats repeating those heavy stresses 15-20 times on a regular weekly basis, not surprising they cant gaurantee the frame, especially if your more commonly nearer to 90Kg and a bit of a basher aswell :$ .

I do really like the simplicity of the new koxx frames, however i dont see how they can charge so much, compared to the £200 of a because simple :unsure: . Evidently it will be more, with more CNC etc, but not such a difference >_< .

Edited by Jon Alty