Manufacturers.......this Is What We Want!

murph82

yes, but the continentals, at the end of the day were never designed for pure trials, they were designed for street shit.

p.s. im being a bit hypicrittiacal as i acually run a conti

In testing before they came out Duncan Shaw ran them on a echo 24" and rode natural and street on them (TGS to not confuse riders).

Just to set the record straight,

Jack Carthy world champion runs a rear lightweight single ply tyre.

Danny Macaskill best street rider in the world runs a rear conti tyre.

who's doing it wrong? you are.

• Like 1

I thought of something earlier today, but I now can't remember. I might have seen it already done on someones bike but also can't remember where I saw it... Will post back when ever I remember.

Quality. awaits general snidey/sarcastic comment from TF resident comedians

I thought of something earlier today, but I now can't remember. I might have seen it already done on someones bike but also can't remember where I saw it... Will post back when ever I remember.

Quality. awaits general snidey/sarcastic comment from TF resident comedians

I think I got it, you require a product that allows you to take the colouring off a frame/parts that allow you to get to the "raw" metal finish. No such thing definitely doesn't exist but if it did I sure as hell would overuse it.

24 x 2.1 in my opinion, this is least likley thing to happen in this entire thread

Unfortunately. I didn't believe all the rumors about the MacAskill tyre but it really IS better than a Super Tacky Maxxis. Now I am stuck between the Rocket Ron and the Snyper for the front or take the extra weight and go dual Conti...

edit: Doesn't look too bad.

p4pb8703755.jpg

Edited by niconj

I think I got it, you require a product that allows you to take the colouring off a frame/parts that allow you to get to the "raw" metal finish. No such thing definitely doesn't exist but if it did I sure as hell would overuse it.

Nah. But I would use it too.

I remember now though. Saw a similar thing on a mates bike which reminded me.

Instead of maggie clamps where the top halves have that sunken area where the bolt head sits, why not make that area completely flat so you can use a washer that's larger in diameter than the bolt head to stop the clamps from getting crushed? I'm sure everyone has had a pair of clamps where the bolt head have crushed the clamps at some point, and when you try to adjust its position it just falls back into the indented bit. To avoid this problem on my TR clamps, I file down a stainless steel washer that sits in the sunken area to stop my clamps from getting crushed by the bolt head. I did this years ago on a pair of clamps, I even managed to sell them on as new :shifty:

Plus if both halves were the same, you don't have to buy a whole new pair when the top half is ruined. Unless manufacturers want to be a dick and not sell them separately. You probably won't have to buy a new pair if you used that washer, I know I won't be needing a new pair for a long time.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Edited by weirdoku

Nah. But I would use it too.

I remember now though. Saw a similar thing on a mates bike which reminded me.

Instead of maggie clamps where the top halves have that sunken area where the bolt head sits, why not make that area completely flat so you can use a washer that's larger in diameter than the bolt head to stop the clamps from getting crushed? I'm sure everyone has had a pair of clamps where the bolt head have crushed the clamps at some point, and when you try to adjust its position it just falls back into the indented bit. To avoid this problem on my TR clamps, I file down a stainless steel washer that sits in the sunken area to stop my clamps from getting crushed by the bolt head. I did this years ago on a pair of clamps, I even managed to sell them on as new :shifty:

Plus if both halves were the same, you don't have to buy a whole new pair when the top half is ruined. Unless manufacturers want to be a dick and not sell them separately. You probably won't have to buy a new pair if you used that washer, I know I won't be needing a new pair for a long time.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Or just use the washer that is provided with the clamps? ;)

Unfortunately. I didn't believe all the rumors about the MacAskill tyre but it really IS better than a Super Tacky Maxxis. Now I am stuck between the Rocket Ron and the Snyper for the front or take the extra weight and go dual Conti...

p4pb8703755.jpg

get a kenda small block

I have but it still happens because the size of the washer is the same as the bolt head.

Can you show me a pic of your washer, I thought you said you filed it down so it's the same size as the recess?

The washers provided are usually larger or so i've seen.

p4pb8703755.jpg

also if you could still get them id have a high roller/swamp thing 42a any day over the conti

also if you could still get them id have a high roller/swamp thing 42a any day over the conti

I got a Maxxis Snyper for the front which is miles better than the Rocket Ron. I don't know how it compares to the Kenda though.

I also got a new Swampthing ST and a used HighRoller ST. I swapped the latter for the Conti and so far can't really complain.

Edited by niconj

Top. The washer it came with, see the damage in the clamp?

Middle. What I've currently done. Although the hole in the washer is a little bit bigger, the bolt head is still bigger. Have to go down a size ideally, M5 washers coming in the post.

Bottom. What I'm was talking about, it being completely flat instead and using a washer to stop the bolt head causing the damage in the top.

photo_1.jpg

I got a Maxxis Snyper for the front which is miles better than the Rocket Ron. I don't know how it compares to the Kenda though.

I also got a new Swampthing ST and a used HighRoller ST. I swapped the latter for the Conti and so far can't really complain.

i have both snyper and kenda tyres, and i go for kenda anytime. give me the swapthing? xx

Top. The washer it came with, see the damage in the clamp?

Middle. What I've currently done. Although the hole in the washer is a little bit bigger, the bolt head is still bigger. Have to go down a size ideally, M5 washers coming in the post.

Bottom. What I'm was talking about, it being completely flat instead and using a washer to stop the bolt head causing the damage in the top.

I filed the top bolt recess on my Echo clamps so my TNN booster sits flush on the clamps then I can bolt it up nice and tight with a washer under the bolt head. Will get around to doing the bottom half at some point as well!