Manufacturers.......this Is What We Want!

murph82

Nice idea for a thread. :) I'll be keeping a good eye here that's for sure!

I've been beavering away on ideas for a while and now am finally in a place to start developing them. Here are three problems that I'm working on:

• Frames Snap
  • Bashguards damage obstacles
  • The current rim brake mounting system.. isn't perfect

This could be a nice thread to spur on a lot of innovation. Post up things that annoy you/you don't want as well as solutions you've come up with!

You mention brake mounting. I'd like a way of removing the wheel from a maggie setup without having to let the tyre down and also the pads go clear so they don't get covered in mud when the tyre goes past them.

(and I don't want the poor quick release mechanism that magure have already when using V mounting posts)

I'd like onza to make a 19" wheel for the rip, the bike would be much better with one. A bashguard kit for stock bikes and not just ones that will fit new stock I mean for old stocks aswell. And lastly a hand book about everything to do with trials as i still don't know a lot 12 months on

Any one who make any of these products will make me a happy man but if you don't pay me for my ideas I will find you I will cut your jacobs off :)lol

2 piece external bearing trials specific cranks (Though I know of one company looking into that).

silent but good freewheels/freehubs

more vee brake specific frames

plazmatic style textured rim surface (if you are new..look it up)

a tubeless system for trials wheels/tyres

more frames that can take seats but still have up-to-date geo

Nice idea for a thread. :) I'll be keeping a good eye here that's for sure!

I've been beavering away on ideas for a while and now am finally in a place to start developing them. Here are three problems that I'm working on:

• Frames Snap
  • Bashguards damage obstacles
  • The current rim brake mounting system.. isn't perfect

This could be a nice thread to spur on a lot of innovation. Post up things that annoy you/you don't want as well as solutions you've come up with!

That was exactly the point so people like yourself with the means to could produce solutions. It seems to have been lost though. I only put why i wanted a 22t bashring to justify the want but the whole lightweight obsession thread has come back. I personally couldn't give a toss about weight,i know i could get burns and that its a stock specific request. I just want the option to run what i like and the idea of the thread was to be more of a resource for those in the know to find issues to fix,not debate about why i should run this that or the other. Its basically a suggestions box for trials components!

Just read more threads and people are now using properly! Thanks

Edited by murph82

stronger chains, or some sort of system the does away with the pin system.

If you can work that one out, forget about bikes and start raking in the cash.

I'd prefer something like the built in bash on the Inpulse bikes or maybe something along the lines of the new Koxx Sky bash but on a stock.

+1

2 piece external bearing trials specific cranks (Though I know of one company looking into that).

silent but good freewheels/freehubs

more vee brake specific frames

plazmatic style textured rim surface (if you are new..look it up)

a tubeless system for trials wheels/tyres

more frames that can take seats but still have up-to-date geo

+1

I was thinking a while ago that you could have a 4 bolt adaptor for a normal granny ring for a threaded crank.

I drew this just to see what it would look like. Proberly a weight issue there.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5625039/

I'd like to see a similar idea but with an intergrated bashring to fit 3 piece bmx cranks. I think Leeson and Pashley use to make something?

Hi guys

This might seem a little unnecessary but if you've posted discussion points about weights, set ups etc rather than what you want and why would you mind deleting them please? Its just that way the likes of phatmike wont have to rrawl through a lot of stuff that isn't relevant and that way hopefully no good ideas will be missed!?! :rolleyes:

Hi guys

This might seem a little unnecessary but if you've posted discussion points about weights, set ups etc rather than what you want and why would you mind deleting them please? Its just that way the likes of phatmike wont have to rrawl through a lot of stuff that isn't relevant and that way hopefully no good ideas will be missed!?! :rolleyes:

Would you care to point out how we would go about doing this?

Would like splined freewheels though, sounds marvelous.