Manufacturers.......this Is What We Want!

murph82

Hi guys

This might seem a little unnecessary but if you've posted discussion points about weights, set ups etc rather than what you want and why would you mind deleting them please? Its just that way the likes of phatmike wont have to rrawl through a lot of stuff that isn't relevant and that way hopefully no good ideas will be missed!?! :rolleyes:

This type of discussion is more valuable than just a list of products, Phatmike isn't the only person taking note by the way.

L_5armspider.jpg

It's 5-bolt, but more or less what you're thinking? ;)

... But it costs £52

My not paying attention made me miss this, Want alot, means i can run my Gu cranks on my Jump bike..

Although £52 !

Suppose its alot of machine work.

Another idea one of these ^^^ but cheaper.

Its interesting for us to read a topic like this to check out peoples wants and idea's.

We already produce a four arm adapter for Tensile cranks, but that fits on the bash spline with a lockring on the threads. The problem with a screw on spider is fixing its position so that you don't get one of the arms behind the crank. (difficult to fix the radial positioning of the screw thread.)

Splined freewheels are also not a new concept. We have drawings dating back about four years with a splined freewheel. The driving force at that stage was creating a freewheel which you could run on the R/H or L/H crank using a lockring. The consensus at the time was that there was no issue in general with right footed or left footed riders so we abandoned it. (too many issues to convert it to a BMX project).

I would like to see further things on peoples wish list.

Its interesting for us to read a topic like this to check out peoples wants and idea's.

I would like to see further things on peoples wish list.

So weres my 19" rear rip wheel, I have a idea that onza might be interested in as I know many people have asked for one but brakes won't allow well mr onza I have a solution for a small fee ( a onza master :) )

Changing the frame to allow it to use a 19" or 20" wheel would still put the price up compared to the current frame, so it wouldn't be at the price-point they made it to be at. They're really good value as it is, I don't really think you can get much more bike than that for the money. If you definitely want a 19" rear wheel, or want to get a more 'future proof' (shit term, but you get the point) bike then it makes sense to try and stretch to get the Bird instead.