How Do You Fit Foam Grips?

Gaz96

I just tap the end of the grip on to the bars with the palm of my hand whilst gently holding the part of the grip that isn't yet on? :unsure:

Works good enough for me but may take some time, but then it wont slip when you come to riding your bike ;)

Hope I helped :D

If that fails, I would use hairspray. ^_^

Edited by charliemod

I just get a small allen key and prise the grip wide a bit then,

I spray some Lynx deodorant in the gap.

Then wiggle/pull it off.

Then to put the grip back on,

Spray the bar with deodorant then wiggle it on.

Please make sure you spray enough on both sides if not it won't work.

I've been doing this tip for years (it even works with rubber grips)

Daz.

Because it takes way longer to dry, and doesn't 'hold' grips as well. I've found with certain grip and bar combos that putting them on dry didn't really work too well in terms of getting throttle-grip loads. I've got black Trialtech bars, and Halfords Satin Black paint is exactly the same colour/finish as them, so I just use that. Properly locks grips in place even if they get wet. Usually have to slice them off with a Stanley knife to get them off again, so if you need to take your grips on and off for whatever reason it might not be ideal for you...

Because it takes way longer to dry, and doesn't 'hold' grips as well. I've found with certain grip and bar combos that putting them on dry didn't really work too well in terms of getting throttle-grip loads. I've got black Trialtech bars, and Halfords Satin Black paint is exactly the same colour/finish as them, so I just use that. Properly locks grips in place even if they get wet. Usually have to slice them off with a Stanley knife to get them off again, so if you need to take your grips on and off for whatever reason it might not be ideal for you...

Hmm ok, I don't use any of these new fangled foam grips, I buy lengths of road bike bar foam which i much prefer so maybe thats it.

If you are using glue to put them on, then get 5 or 6 cable ties slide them through and then the grip just slides over the bar and then you just pull the ties out before the glue dries and thats how i've done it and its quick and easy. If you have no glue then use some contact cleaner/hairspray and use the same technique.