Radfest 2011

JackMeek

If it needs to be in the news section could I have some help from the admin.

Well the London ride was such a success. So much so that if I did it again my neck was on the line and looked to get arrested. Being such a big a event it was looked upon as a riot.

So I was not going to not do a event and went to the drawing board and hatched this gem of a event which is going to awesome.

RADFEST

Edited by JackMeek

Doesn't Tarty Days count as a trials festival? Seems a bit odd to be calling this the first one just because it's called MEEKFEST or something...

That aside, it sounds awesome and I'll probably have a look in more detail closer to the time to see if I can make it.

Good luck!

Doesn't Tarty Days count as a trials festival? Seems a bit odd to be calling this the first one just because it's called MEEKFEST or something...

Tech '04 (Think it was '04?) too...

Hope it all goes well anyway, be interesting to see how it pans out (Y)

I want to go but, aside from the mini, I'm slightly sceptical that my riding style needs are going to be met. Having looked at pictures of Barrow Farm before it looks awesome for natural trials riding but not so much for my approach. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Ben there will be. It's not what it is now. Lots is changing and just gonna be mega.

I like to think it is the first trial festival in the uk as it is not company run and the companys will all be there for the sport and there is going to be so much there.

Am probably going to come. Can i "compete" in the trial just for a bit of fun? Is there going to be like beginner/inter/expert routes or just elite :P? Cheers.

When entry forms become available on Bikefeds website you can. There will be all levels.

I want to go but, aside from the mini, I'm slightly sceptical that my riding style needs are going to be met. Having looked at pictures of Barrow Farm before it looks awesome for natural trials riding but not so much for my approach. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm some what let down by that comment, Ben. Couldnt you chuck in a fakie manual along a pipe or a bunny manual along a rock?

Hmmm. Fair point even if a bit annoying for reminding me of potentially how lazy I've become in terms of non-right angles <_<

Weren't you out playing on the rocks a few weeks ago with rob at cumberland? Dude I swear anything is rideable for you (tree in your last mini vid)?

I may be there, not sure though.... interested to see if there is a novice comp, as I would love to try one.

Thanks

James

Ben there will be. It's not what it is now. Lots is changing and just gonna be mega.

I like to think it is the first trial festival in the uk as it is not company run and the companys will all be there for the sport and there is going to be so much there.

Tech 04 wasn't run by a company.

Adam

organised by Trials Rider and Promoter Jack Meek,

Will we all spend the weekend talking in the third person?

Occasional trials rider and general babe Matt Purdon will be attending for shits, giggles and 24crew re-united.

Edited by Skoze
  • Like 1