2004 Onza Range

Mark W

ok, a few questions...

mark - would u be able to write a spec for your bike (the build with the rusty t-bone frame)...

also - I heard that the t-pro 04 frame is the same geometry as the koxx levelboss? is this true? no biggie just wondering really.

and im also very interested in the T-bone frame or T-pro frame -

how much will the t-bone be on release? approx.

same for t-pro.

and will they both be available in march?

thanks much

Right, as has all been said:

The T-Pro is the same frame as the Levelboss.

As has been said as well:

It's available now full build, after Christmas it's frame only as well. Prices are uncertain.

As was said 4 posts ago:

The T-Bone is still pretty early on in development. No prices, colours or stickers are known yet.

As is in the Bike Pics thread:

Onza T-Bone frame.

Onza TufGuy 20" forks.

T-Mag wheelset front wheel.

Onza prototype cassette hub rear, on DX-32 rim.

Tensile cranks.

KMC Kool chain.

Onza VP Pedals sans inner cage.

FSA Pig headset.

Pazzaz carbon fibre bar and stem.

Magura rear, avec RB Booster.

Avid SD5 front V, with upside-down AD3 lever (due to mullered SD7 lever).

Mark.

The T-Pro is the same frame as the Levelboss.

From what I gathered it was just very similar to the levelboss. The headtube is different to start off with, it has an extra cable guide, dropouts are *very* slightly different and it's a different metal. Then anodised (dur).

I know thats only small things, but all the same it's not just the levelboss frame with a new lick of paint.

I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, my friend has it on pre-order, it will be awsome, rides like the levelboss but for a 1/4 the price! good stuff onza :-

Yeah Nic, bang on the money there. 1 year manufacturing defect, 2 year crash replacement. Same as most other people, really...well, apart from Monty, Koxx, Brisa...

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that some people seem to have issues with believing that the T-Pro is as good as the Levelboss, when it IS the same frame. The headtube has been improved, and the drop-outs may be a different shape. But that's it. Oh, and the "Onza" stamped into the end of the chainstays. Saves weight. Honest...

Mark.

Yeah Nic, bang on the money there.  1 year manufacturing defect, 2 year crash replacement.  Same as most other people, really...well, apart from Monty, Koxx, Brisa...

Any more details on the crash replacement deal??

Half price frames?? £100 frames??

Don't know if it counts as the 'range' you are on about, but here are the weights of the Onza Sticky Fingers tyres copied over from another post:

20x2.0 - 720g

20x2.4 - 930g

20x2.5 (19" rear wheel) - 1140g

26x1.95 - 770g

26x2.1 - 880g

26x2.5 1240g

Prices are already up at Supercycles, as are the details of the half price replacement scheme (in terms and conditions), quoting the relevant bit:

Onza half price replacement policy: Don't forget as well the Onza half price replacement policy. We recognise that trials riding, particularly non-competition urban riding is fraught with potential hazards. Some riders are also less proficient than others and may damage the cycle through inexperience. So, if that tricky little move you planned didn't quite go as intended and your bike comes into severe contact with wall/fence/railing/bollard/etc., you have the peace of mind of knowing that any Onza branded component will be replaced for half retail price. This operates at any time during the first two years of ownership and is a no-questions-asked unlimited policy. Even if you have a habit of reversing a car over it, it will be covered every time. The replacements will be supplied directly from ourselves and payment will be direct. Authorisation may, however, be required from the dealer from whom you bought the bicycle as your sale contract is always with them (unless you bought it directly from us). This policy covers Onza branded components only and whilst it applies to frames and forks, it does not cover complete bicycles.

Of course, the damaged part has to be returned so it can be scrapped and to prevent people from trying to claim half price bits more than once off the same item... :-

• 3 weeks later...

T-Bird: 19" back wheel = grippier tyres available. Also, the bike's more upgradable because it shares more parts with other frames. So yeah, I'd get that. If you're "Newtotrials" then there's no huge difference between AD-3's and HS11's.

Mark.

Ive got a t-rex with a backend about as bent as a bent person :- The dropouts are quite badly twisted but I don't have a recept anymore :D Would crash replacement be still accepted on that? And do u rekon they would do a deal on a nice new woodstock when they come out?

if your on about the 2004 t-bird it is light for what it has on it and the new Hs11's are propa sharp..same as hs33 body but with a 3-4finger lever....hope that helped a bit

Edited by mission_trialz

The T-Vee is basically the same as the T-Bird V-brake edition from before, but with 2-bolt mounts instead of 4. Either way, he'd be better off saving up for the T-Bird...just tell him to save up for a little bit longer...

Mark.