3 Piece Crank Bash/chainring Options

1a2bcio8

Today we found 3 cracks in my drive side crank arm. I've decided to replace my current setup with some deity 3 piece cranks as new middleburns are stupidly expensive and I'm quite after a stiff setup. There's a slight problem to this however. There seem to be virtually no bash/chainring setups on offer for 3 piece cranks. On ebay I have found a "DMR ring thing elite" which will work (I used one years ago) but I won't be able to get it till next week after the bidding has ended - if I get it at all. That literally seems to be the only place they exist.

To the bmxers out there; are there any 20 or 22t chainrings that permit a small bashguard? Or is there anything else out there at all?

Help! (please)

Don't Middleburn offer lifetime warranty? Although I don't know what their track record is with trials claims...

I think theyre pretty good with the RS7s, friend of mine had a set replaced after one snapped, I suppose on how ragged they are though.

I've got a set of charge cranks on my streety project and I use a 22t sprocket on there, with a 24t blackspire granny god bashring on the outside. If you turn the bashring round it hides the logos and text on it. :P

Out of stock...

Actually, the 4 hole one is out of stock, but the 5 hole one isn't.

If you got a 5 arm spider on your cranks you could use the 22t, even better!

Edited by Revolver

This is the Superstar one:

pimpdisc.gif

Only down to 23t though. Couldn't find the 22t one, although I know one came out recently. Frustrating!

But yeah, to run one of those and use your Rohloff you'll be needing to do some spacer tweaking to get a 1/8" chain through.

Thanks for everyones help. It seems I'm going to have to take the route of the dmr bash. Couldn't find a suitable spider for that potential. If you could have a look Luke that would be awesome. Hopefully I'll win this bid at the weekend for a new otherwise you might be my only chance.

I can probably laser cut you one from 10mm steel - would just need figure out how to bolt on a standard 5 arm chainring (either tap threads in bash, or bolt all the way through.

How do they locate on the cranks? Centre hole + one round key?

Thanks Jon but I'm going to pursue the dmr bashguard route for now.

What situation are you in where you can do that anyway? I thought you were on your way to lawyer land when we last spoke?

Are you still riding at all?

Thanks Jon but I'm going to pursue the dmr bashguard route for now.

What situation are you in where you can do that anyway? I thought you were on your way to lawyer land when we last spoke?

Are you still riding at all?

Not ridden for quite a while now - Think I last rode properly at a DJ ride :S

Have been working in Manufacturing for the past 5 years, and I've got lots of fancy toys at my disposal including a laser cutter :)

Jon