Tarty Days 2011

AdamR28

Hello everyone!

After a considerable amount of thought we have decided that Tarty Days 2011 could be on the cards, providing there would be enough support :)

At the moment everything is very much at the pre-planning stage, so we don't have full details just ideas. Taking on board all the feedback from last year, we are aiming for:

- At LEAST twice as much stuff to ride, specifically smaller/lower obstacles

- Slightly more structure to the weekend for people to follow if they wish, however if you wanted to just chill and do some riding at your leisure that will be catered for too

- Even more FUN stuff to ride (and do - we have some cool potential ideas)

We are looking into tagging the event onto Woodfest (http://www.woodfestwales.co.uk/north/) which is ***NEW DATE*** 28th- 30th May 2011. Tagging onto this date has the major benefits of already having food stalls, other attractions (like axe throwing, nutters climbing those big poles, chainsaw sculpture carving, wood chopping competitions, etc), licensed bar on the Saturday night with live band, floodlights, parking attendants, on-the-door ticket facilities, camping on-site, toilets, showers etc...

Basically, the whole idea of the weekend will be to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere for riders to enjoy and chill out.

We would look to keep the cost similar, maybe with a small increase due to the added cost of bringing in extra obstacles, but like last year this will not be a profit making exercise and we'll most likely make a loss on it again.

If you do have any questions I'll do my best to answer them, but at the moment this is just an idea so I may not be able to (or I'll end up thinking out loud).

Big thanks already to Mr Matt Barlow for planting the seeds :D

Cheers,

Adam

I'd be definitely up for it dependant on the finalised dates of it. The missus' birthday is on the 8th June so I'd have trouble potentially with it being so close, unless I can magically get her interested in trials between now and then...

I'll definitely keeps my eyes on this thread to look at updates.

Sounds sweet! As long as we can make bonfires, im there. ;)

Cant imagine the people at Woodfest would appreciate the kind of fires that we had last year lol, especially my Grandad who does wood turning at the event. guess its good he stays in a hotel!

How would the event be run? would you just let people ride inbertween the demos going on each day?

Some people might be put off by having to ride infront of the public, especially beginners.

but yes I definetly want to be there.

Edited by CalopS

I think pretty much the only thing that's fixed is the date - Woodfest IS going ahead on those dates, and we would tag onto it :)

As long as Simpson parks his car a little further away from any bonfires this year it'll be alright ;)

JD - those are pretty finalised dates for the Woodfest which is most likely when it'll be.

EDIT: *sigh* Snaked yet again...

Ah I see, I thought you'd be going before or after it like (I think) you did last year. I was hoping it might be before. I might be able to sneak over for at least an afternoon-night-morning.

How would the event be run? would you just let people ride inbertween the demos going on each day?

Some people might be put off by having to ride infront of the public, especially beginners.

but yes I definetly want to be there.

Having the event at the same time as the Woodfest did bring up exactly the problem you mentioned - people not wanting to ride in front of crowds.

To counter this, we came up with the idea of building the same sort of demo stuff as last year in the main arena, then a separate 'Tarty Days only' area which was much bigger (in terms of floor area and variety of obstacles) than the demo setup. This would be open all the time and have more moveable obstacles, then once the Woodfest closes at 6pm the main demo area would be open for all to ride as well as the separate Tarty Days only bit. Hope that makes sense...?

Hope that makes sense...?

Definetly, sounds like a great plan!

I would like to see more lower balance beem stuff in the Tarty Days bit. Same sort of thing you see in that trials park in barcalona

Edited by CalopS

Definetly, sounds like a great plan!

I would like to see more lower balance beem stuff in the Tarty Days bit. Same sort of thing you see in that trials park in barcalona

Sweet (Y)

Yep, exactly what we have in mind (but with a twist :- ). Plenty of techy low stuff as well as moveable square-edged obstacles for making gaps/sidehops etc.

Once/if we get enough interest then we'll draw up a final 'plan' and let you guys know exactly how we plan to run it :)

Sweet (Y)

Yep, exactly what we have in mind (but with a twist :- ).

every beam is a seesaw? :blink:

I am pleased with the dates. The Tyke Trials club have just put up there dates and the 2 day Brimham rocks trial is the weekend after which was when I thought TD2011 was going to be this year. (Y)