Tarty Days 2011

AdamR28

I think it was just that the TartyDays camp site had been moved to relatively close to owner's house, so when there were explosions going off at 1-2am I think they might've been not super keen. It obviously sucks that some people got kicked out (especially you Simps ({)), but I don't think it overshadowed everything for people who got to stay, if that makes sense. Hopefully that doesn't come across sounding wrong...

Yeh i know where your coming from. Oviously the owner doesnt want us keeping them up, but with an event like tartydays, ud think they'd plan ahead by setting the camping field far away from their house :L

It did sound like some people got kicked out without due reason, but oviously without knowing the full story, i cant argue this. Last year was pretty slack to be honest :P

Anyway, im gunna go 2012, regardless of my car/bike, ill take public transport if it means getting there :L

and p.s mark (i think it was u i was talking to on the phone) my frame should be with you tomorrow (Y)

To be honest I think i had more fun last year where there was just enough to ride and not as many people around. Think it would have been better if this year it was held a week after same as last year, I understand that maybe this wasnt possible. I'm assuming that wood fest 2012 will have another demo area could we not just ask them to leave it up for one week longer?? There would be less to ride than this year and if we tell this to people less would come ( not trying to say no noobs allowed ) and the less people the more there is to ride and the more chilled it would be. I dnt mind paying more than £30 for a 3 day event like. I understand Adam that youve properly had enough of reading these reply and had enough of wood fest , tartydays for a few month just thought ide share my 2 cents :)

Did have fun though ads thanks for organising it. ;) and thanks to Matt aswell.

• Like 1

Yeh i know where your coming from. Oviously the owner doesnt want us keeping them up, but with an event like tartydays, ud think they'd plan ahead by setting the camping field far away from their house :L

They were originally supposed to be, and the whole riding area was supposed to be in a different place but they had to move that area to the final location on the Thursday/Friday because the other area was too waterlogged. The plus side of that was that it meant there was a lot more scope for making stuff and clearing run-ups instead of having to slog through wet grass everywhere...

and p.s mark (i think it was u i was talking to on the phone) my frame should be with you tomorrow (Y)

4190VZ0YCML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

£60 each?

True - however once you start taking payments that's it, the admin involved in refunding ~100 payments if you don't reach the 'target' would be a bit daft, and you'd like like a tit.

Seems like others may be keen to try the same sort of event anyway (and of course Radfest later this year), which is awesome - my advice would be to allocate a lot longer than you think you need, double your estimated budget (although somewhere like Barrow Farm would help a LOT with this, as most of the riding kit and infrastructure is already there), and only work with people you 100% trust to get it right when they are doing stuff on your behalf (before anyone jumps to conclusions, Matt worked his arse off for 2 weeks before the event so that is not a comment aimed at him!!!).

Come to think of it, Barrow Farm is pretty much an ideal venue and I would have loved the chance to hold this event there, I would have done if the chat I had with Mick at the start of this year didn't reveal he wouldn't let us use the venue (as explained above - fair point). With that said, I think Radfest should be awesome providing there is enough 'chill time' (Y)

I can't see radfest being as chilled as tartydays I don't no why think its cause there will be a comp there on the Sunday, with all the sections layed out there's gonna be very little room for people not riding the comp to ride of u see what I mean. Where as tarty days there's no pressure nice and chilled ride.

It's also pretty spread out, so I think it'd sort of lose the 'vibe' of TartyDays where most people are all together. I don't think it'd be possible to have enough tubes there to cover all the pinch flats everyone would get on those jaggedy rocks :P

Insurance is an obvious requirement although I would have thought the bloke who owns it would have something in place that you could probably pay towards/pay into. Toilets are expensive unfortunately, showers are a nice addition although not really essential, parking would be on the campsite/field and obstacles would generally be bracken rocks :)
I assume the insurance for the moto trials and bike trials competitions held at venues such as Bracken Rocks would be provided by the ACU...

Had a chat with Matt this morning - neither of us are keen to run a Tarty Days 2012, so I'm pretty sure 2011 will be the last one.

Seems I broke my arm at the wrong time!

Pictures looking good though

Right come on people, let's forget about whether it's happening in 2012 again and get down to what's more important:

There were about 49 people floating about constantly with cameras taking either pics or footage, and there's only been a few bits and bobs filter through. Lets see some more! (Y)

Disclaimer: This is more tongue in cheek than you read it, I get that it takes time to edit and stuff - just impatient to see what great footage people got.

• 2 weeks later...

Right come on people, let's forget about whether it's happening in 2012 again and get down to what's more important:

There were about 49 people floating about constantly with cameras taking either pics or footage, and there's only been a few bits and bobs filter through. Lets see some more! (Y)

Disclaimer: This is more tongue in cheek than you read it, I get that it takes time to edit and stuff - just impatient to see what great footage people got.

+ 1