Carl Hopps Brakeless

CalopS

My Hope brake clamps broke so I tried brakeless for a few weeks and here is the result. I had a really fun time doing it and definetly want to give it a proper go with an Inspired in the future....

The song is by a UK band called Maybeshewill. The track "Takotsubo" features at the end of there debut album "Not For Want of Trying".

Just fitted my brakes back on for tomorrows ride and just pulling the lever's feels odd. Should be an interesting ride!

Here we go anyways:

Thanks guys!

So that was you!

Was wondering who you were after we left you at that rock at Playhouse.

Sweet video man - could almost forget you were brakeless for some of it.

Yer dude, hardly saw you at all besides then! Was gutted I missed your front wheel gap at the top of playhouse.

reece told me about this today and i was well excited to see it, it's easily your best video so far dude i'm well impressed.

heard you're set on getting a stock too which will be cool if you manage to get one sorted.

Edited by RicH_87

Thanks guys, well happy with the response to the vid ^_^ I wasn't sure if people would be into it.

reece told me about this today and i was well excited to see it, it's easily your best video so far dude i'm well impressed.

heard you're set on getting a stock too which will be cool if you manage to get one sorted.

sorry i didn't text you back the otherday btw i ran out of credit and i couldn't be bothered crutching my way to morrisons. broken foot is so gay.

Thanks Rich! Yer I definetly want to get a "man's bike" when I can afford it.

I wasn't sure if you got it because I sent Matt one the next day that he didn't get. Im helping out my uncle this week on something but I'll try pay you a visit. Ill call before I head over

Was exited too see the turn out from the ride Sunday, I think the music was pretty spot on there Carl well impressed, you get extra man points for that. I think there a very few people who could just improve as fast as I've seen you do without brakes, Your like a duck to water massive improvement with the frame change also.

You've been a big boost too my riding and how I attack wall's and rock since the first time we ride together Your eye's see many things others tend too over look, Cant wait too do some filming over the summer with your brakes on :)

Cheers dude, means a lot! Riding with you has definetly pushed my riding too.

Watched you a bit at tartydays last year, wish the rockman was still going, it matched your beard!

I wish It was still going too. Miss that frame! Its in my garage in half :(

That was f**kin great!

I would have killed myself a few times trying that shit without brakes.

Its suprizing what you can get away with. Give it a go (Y)

Thanks for the comments everyone!