Continental Tyres

JohnyMilton

Hello guys, I have been working with Continental and Velo Ecosse for awhile, and thought I would let you know about Velo Ecosse's website, we have the full range of Conti tyres, and all the tyres are slightly reduced, you get a free gift when you spend more than £30, and free postage!

Also there will be some new tyres come out in the next couple of months, so I will keep you updated!

But here is a wee offer we have at the moment:

Der Kaiser 2.5, black chili compound £44.95 (RRP £55)

Rain King(new tread) 2.5, black chili compound £44.95 (RRP £55)

Baron 2.3, black chili compound £44.95 (RRP £55)

Mountain King Supersonic 2.2, £34.95 (RRP £45)

Der Baron will be instock soon, also all these tyres come in a folding version.

Check out what we have, if you have any questions leave a comment!

Velo Ecosse Link

Cheers

Johny

claiming them all to be the "black chili compound" is a bit misleading (even is that's what Conti directly call them) as there are key differences between the Rain King and Rubber Queen compounds for example.

I am aware of the difference's in the compounds, and they are stated in the description of each tyre, but they are classed as Black Chili compound, so it's not miss leading.

well, not in the description of every tyre. Looks like quotes from Contis site rather than a "true" description (Tarty's actual measured durometer and more accurate description comes to mind).

But I guess it is a lot of work to do that.

But I guess it is a lot of work to do that.

Bit cheeky...

To be honest I don't run the website, but I never noticed that not all the tyres have a full description, I will see if I can get that sorted.

In all fairness I just want the share the website with the forum, and let them know about the offers.

So am I going to be able to buy a 2.3" tyre with the same sidewalls and compound as the rain king/der kaiser?

Yes, you can get a Baron 2.3 black chili compound(which is the same compound and sidewalls as the rain king and der kaiser). Through our website they will cost £45.95, but they will not be instock for another couple of weeks.

post-12085-0-61730900-1297088969_thumb.j

Edited by JohnyMilton

Yes, you can get a Baron 2.3 black chili compound(which is the same compound and sidewalls as the rain king and der kaiser). Through our website they will cost £45.95, but they will not be instock for another couple of weeks.

>_<

NO YOU WON'T!

They have 2 tyres coming out. First is Der Baron, which is exactly the same as last years Rain King (2.5" super soft black chilli). Then the Baron 2.3" which has the same tread pattern, but with the sidewalls and compound of the rubber queen 2.4" (apex sidewalls and black chill but not as grippy as der baron/kaiser)

Now if anyone else misreads what is clearly stated on the Conti website then there will be trouble :P

pinch.gif

NO YOU WON'T!

They have 2 tyres coming out. First is Der Baron, which is exactly the same as last years Rain King (2.5" super soft black chilli). Then the Baron 2.3" which has the same tread pattern, but with the sidewalls and compound of the rubber queen 2.4" (apex sidewalls and black chill but not as grippy as der baron/kaiser)

Now if anyone else misreads what is clearly stated on the Conti website then there will be trouble :P

The Conti website hasn't full been updated yet.

There are 2 types of Der Baron's and 4 types of Baron's(all new for 2011, and coming out this month),

The baron's come in a 2.3 black chili compound with the same side walls as the old rain king, and current Der Kaiser, and the other baron comes in lighter (non black chili compound) and these both are available in folding and non folding.

The Der Baron comes in a 2.5 black chili KEVLAR mix, in both folding and non-folding.

would be cool if they made a street tyre with the chili compound of the rubber queen but in a really low profile tread and medium weight carcase.

I agree, long shot, but could always ask them very nicely when I'm across in germany next week! teehee...

Edited by JohnyMilton

Firstly, I didn't think there was much point mentioning the 'continental' tyres made in the far east. They don't use any of the technology that makes the german conti tyres unique and have a history of being utter garbage, they are just cheap copies with the same tread pattern.

Secondly, the info on the tyres is up on various conti websites? Like here, and has been on bike sites like singletrack etc? 180tpi with apex inserts, the same as the rubber queen.

Thirdly, whats the point in releasing an all mountain tyre which has heavy duty DH sidewalls and extra sticky compound? Treacle coated tyres would have less rolling resistance than a rain king :P

The Conti website hasn't full been updated yet.

There are 2 types of Der Baron's and 4 types of Baron's(all new for 2011, and coming out this month),

The baron's come in a 2.3 black chili compound with the same side walls as the old rain king, and current Der Kaiser, and the other baron comes in lighter (non black chili compound) and these both are available in folding and non folding.

The Der Baron comes in a 2.5 black chili KEVLAR mix, in both folding and non-folding.

I agree, long shot, but could always ask them very nicely when I'm across in germany next week! teehee...

Sorry to appear stupid but I am fed up of buying conti tyres and their majic Black chilli compound that comes in 12 different compounds non of which are really distinctly explained on their website so you dont end up with the compound you want.

Is this stement saying that you will be able to buy a 2.3 Baron which is the same side wall and compound as the rain king/derkaiser and are they going to explain which grade of compound you are buying?

24" Der kaiser would be cool.

This is how I understand it from the Conti website, which has been updated recently.

The Rubber Queen still grips really well I think its a good compound that lasts, its just the tall sidewalls (especially on my 40mm rim) ripped themselves apart before the tread wore out.