Ghostie Stories

bikeperson45

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes
    • No
    • I will when they're scientifically proven
    • I don't really care if they do or not, just as long as they don't pester me
    • I love voting!

Surely some people here will claim to have experienced the supernatural, so share some of your stories.

I've got a few from my Dad that I'll type up later and my neighbours house has had an exorcism. Didn't work apparently as apparently it's a ghost that puts stone in our drain pipe...

Edit - added a poll out of general curiosity

Edited by bikeperson45

Surely some people here will claim to have experienced the supernatural, so share some of your stories.

I've got a few from my Dad that I'll type up later and my neighbours house has had an exorcism. Didn't work apparently as apparently it's a ghost that puts stone in our drain pipe...

My family woke up once to find all the furniture and lamps and stuff that was in the front room all piled up in the middle of the room.

Crazy

Ahem...

Yes but that's not so much about the supernatural.

My uncle (apparently) continuously saw a ghost of an American Civil War soldier in his old house. He says that it would just try to scare him by hiding in places and freaking him out when he saw it and it really messed with him. One of these instances was when he was playing football they kicked around the side of the house and when he went to get it it just jumped out at him.

Also, my other uncle (I have 7) once played Ouija board. Supposedly he asked what the spirit's name was and it came up with Wormwood. And genuinely, my Dad say's he never been the same. He's seen therapists about it and still says he feels the spirit around him. He was never diagnosed as having a a mental disorder, he's had three divorces now and insists on getting married again quickly as he never wants to be left alone.

Edited by bikeperson45

The way i see it, why aren't there ghosts everywhere. In the streets, pubs etc instead of just houses. Of all the people who have died in the world why have only a few (percentage wise) hung around. Why is it just humans, never animals.

Once the thought of a ghost is in your head, it hangs round and only gets worse, when its dark you're thinking, what if there's a ghost in this house, it's on your mind, it's dark, (suggesting late, therefore tired mind)

If it's ever proven i'll hold my hands up and say i was wrong, until then i'm sceptic.

Yes but that's not so much about the supernatural.

My uncle (apparently) continuously saw a ghost of an American Civil War soldier in his old house. He says that it would just try to scare him by hiding in places and freaking him out when he saw it and it really messed with him. One of these instances was when he was playing football they kicked around the side of the house and when he went to get it it just jumped out at him.

Also, my other uncle (I have 7) once played Ouija board. Supposedly he asked what the spirit's name was and it came up with Wormwood. And genuinely, my Dad say's he never been the same. He's seen therapists about it and still says he feels the spirit around him. He was never diagnosed as having a a mental disorder, he's had three divorces now and insists on getting married again quickly as he never wants to be left alone.

Dont understand why people play with those things, no offence to your uncle but if your willing to play with one you know what the chances are of it messing with your mind.

However, am i the only one who think that people who play with them hear about what happens after and have illusions, like its all in your mind.

I do beleive in ghosts though, my mum lived in this house when she was younger and a few things happened. Cutlery would be heard moving in the kitchen when upstairs and oldies music heard when downstairs. One day they heard a big band coming from the loft then the TV ariel broke. They went up and the big band was unexplained and the tv ariel wire was cut in half. They read up on the history of the house, turns out ages ago it belonged to a farmer whos wife had killed herself. he tried to but was stopped by the people with him. It says that one day, in his loft, the shot himself. The big bang was beleived to be him shooting himself, and the 6 months of haunting were beleived to be the last 6 months of his life then ended by the bang. After that bang nothing ever happened, they then moved out.

Oh, and this was caused by my granny using one of them boards.

Good thread idea :)

The old pub I worked it was supposedly haunted. It was a 1796 building with all the old exposed ceiling beams and a coffin drop above the main entrance. The cellar was f**king horrible and the hairs on the back of your neck would stand up everytime you went down there; it wasn't necessarily cold there was always just a horrible aura. Never saw anything but there was definitely something there and I was never really a big believer of ghosts until I started working there.

Dont understand why people play with those things, no offence to your uncle but if your willing to play with one you know what the chances are of it messing with your mind.

However, am i the only one who think that people who play with them hear about what happens after and have illusions, like its all in your mind.

Yea I think I agree with you, a friend brought one into school one time I was all like ahhhhh

Another one I've remembered, ghost of Mary Blandy that haunts around Henley. Apparently she was wrongly accused of murder and a mob came to get her from her house (now a Weatherspoons pub). She ran down the high street and took refuge in a pub by the river and the land owners say they hear banging at the doors every now and again and will come but find nothing, supposedly it was the mob banging to get her. Then a few years ago someone took a picture in the pub and you can see a floating woman who looks just like the pictures of her, was on the front page of the local newspaper.

And also, a paranormal team came and a place near a local college that's in woods where I sometimes ride, they went to. It a rubble of an old chimney, don't know what it was originally - gahhh, my cat jumped up and gave me a heart attack as I'm writing this - but when this team went there at night there was all these weird lights around the top of the chimney.

Anyone seen those orbs that go around babies and show up in pictures?

Yep, footsteps in the kitchen at jays scared the shit out of me. Just sat there in the living room watching telly, dogs with us, noone else in the house. Foot steps from the back door to the hallway. Go an check, shit ourselves and go back to his flat hahaha

Yeah, I hate that show. Was watching it once with my mate, he was staying round and just before he fell asleep I poured a a bottle lid full of water on him and he shit a brick, couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, although I think he knew it was me, if he didn't he's an idiot. any who back to the scary scary...

I have a couple of stories, I am not sure ghosts are what people are actually sensing, tiredness can cause hallucinations, a machine or electrical appliance can emit frequencies that can cause eyes to slightly vibrate and cause hallucinations.

Noises I am not sure how to explain I am sure there is scientific reason for noises,or perhaps at a time of heightened energy, things like brick can "record" that energy and release it at a later date.

Either way, the house that I spent the past 26 years in (I was actually born in one of the bedrooms) was built in 1792 and is a listed building, I have heard footsteps on the upstairs corridor. My mum said that when myself, my brother and sister were young she used to hear children playing and laughing on the same corridor, she said she wasn't scared as it noises of good times.

Once we were playing hide and seek with a few friends in the house, my parents were out and we made it so nowhere was off limits. The person seeking went into the attic (pretty scary, no lights up there, loads of junk, old floorboards etc) and saw someone move behind something to hide, he went to look but couldn't find anyone. He went downstairs found and eventually found us. He asked who hid in the attic but non of us had gone up there, spooky.

I never really liked being in that house, didn't dare go in half of it when it was dark, could never go in the attic or basement on my own.

My grandpa said he used to see things in the seating areas of a theatre he used to work at too.

Totally blame my imagination, but tidying and locking up the old pub I used to work at, I'd often hear the sound of a pint glass being put down on the bar (2 bars, can only see 1 at a time), even though it was completely empty...

Simple answer as I had to lock up by myself most nights, to stop me freaking myself out - put the TV on dead loud >_<:P

• Like 1

This is just copy and pasted from the older thread, but some might not have read, so hes my input:

Iv got alot of in my opinion scarey ghosty stories/experiances, whether you believe me or not, up to you but i can tell you some stuff that has happened where i work, which arent stories ive heard about they have actually happened to me.

Gonna warn you (if i dont get to bored writing this) there are quite a few.

I work in a hotel at night with just 1 other person. When the barman goes home at 1ish we are on our own untill about 5:30. The building it self isnt really that old but ive never really researched in to what used to be about. At night when all the music has gone off, most the lights are off its awesome, its so quite and relaxing, so peacefull i can just get on with my work no one bothering me, lovely.

First wierd experiance i had was literally when i first started, like a say no one about apart from the guy i was working with, walking through the resturant at 3am lights off and i heard someone say "hello" i just laughed it off as we had walkie talkies and i put it down to my workmate terry hidding them and shouting things out to make me jump. Thats the kinda guy he was, but he swears it wasnt him, kept happening for a while, like once a week. Eventually the guy left and after a week i heard it again clear as anything "HELLO" and occasionally id hear "HELP" was always coming from the same corner. about 10 months past with a few sounds everynow and then, i started to think it was my mind playing tricks, with it being night time and my body wanting to sleep, so i kept it mainly to myself, untill 1 day i had a guest come up to me and asked if i ever see anything weird at night in the restuarant, i thought that was a bit odd that he had mentioned it. He said he could have sworn he heard a girls voice from behind him. A little later i had 2 guests tell me that they had seen a little girl in the corner of the restuarant and asked me if there had been any deaths etc. So now i pretty much believe there is a little girl in the resturant iv had a few staff mention things to me, without me telling them about it. Its pretty creepy, iv never seen anything in there but i still to this day here voices in there all the time. Even my newer workmates here stuff there. its a strange one.

Same guy i was working with, we get a phone call from room 106, says on the phone room vacant. Nobody on the other end just blank. 10 mins later terry answers the phone again no-one there says he can here someone breathing, puts it on loudspeaker and i can here it to. Really wierd. 10 mins later i answered it, same thing again could hear heavy breathing down the phone. terry was like "f**k this someones playing tricks on us" checked the hotel system definatly no one in the room. so we went to the room, he opened the door walked in, and the room is layed out so you cant see the whole room from the door, i look at him from the door and he just froze and the look on his face was a scared look. he was one of these guys that things he aint scared of nothing etc, but he just froze. I asked him what was it it and he just shouted at me to get out and he ran out and slammed the door. he never told me what he saw. Im half and half with this one, again i thing he might have been playing tricks on me, and how would he get the phone to ring? i thought he might have got a staff member in on it to scare me, but no one liked him enough to really talk to him let alone play pranks. So i dunno with that one, i never saw anything but the phone calls were weird.

One night im working with an agency worker as we had people on holiday, we have automatic front doors and they go off on their own randomly everynow and then. One night they went off about 2am, first set opened , then the second set which was weird as usually its only one set that opens. so i had a look back on the cctv and was a bit shocked at waht a saw. first doors open, the top half of a man walked through then the 2nd doors opend and its now clearly visable that there was the top half of a elderly mans body, it was really weird, you could see the legs but not as visible as the top half. After that i showed everying the footage they were shocked aswell, and all the stuff i had told them previously about my thoughts of the hotel being haunted, they kinda started to beleive the other stuff id said about. Showed my manger who dosent beleive in this sort of thing and he was just like "holy F**k"

My friend jay works in maintainance and over the course of 1 week he was painting the walls in the changing rooms for the gym at night. He comes up everynow and then for a cup of tea, keeps telling me he keeps hearing stuff down there. i told him to take a walkie talkie with him. 10 mins later. "is that you F**king about down here trying to scare me" i was like "nah dude im in the bar" he said that he could here footsteps round the pool and voices from the pool like people were in there. he came up about an hour later an was like "i swear on my kids life i just turned round and there was a boy stood in the corner" i shuddered instantly as i could tell he wasnt lying. then he went bcak down , about 30 mins later i went down to see him. He said he just heard i baby crying/laughing, you know the noise a baby laughing/crying noise. so went in with him he and as we turned the corner i heard it myself. from the empty corner of the room a baby/small child laughing noise it was horrible. It was very distinctive its a noise ill never forget, We both looked at each other and ran. It was one of the worse things id experianced, it was horrible. even as im writing this i keep shuddering knowing im sat about 100metres from there right now.it made me sick, literally i couldnt stop thinking about it. The next morning we told everyone, suprise,suprise no one believed us. So the next night when hes down there, i go down there just before my shift to see him. and we both look at each other and, you know like laugh but kinda like" dude last night was F**king wierd" kinda laugh. As it was before 11 the cleaners for the gym were still there, the gym closes at 10pm. so the cleaners come over and say " we hear you heard some stuff down here last night?" as the staff in the gym had told them, we were like "yea but no one believes us" they both were like " well we do, we see and hear stuff literally everynight" they went on to tell us that they see young kids in the pool and that they talk to them and stuff. The way they were both just used to it, and they said they dont let it bother them anymore but it dose make them jump everynow and again. Whether or not they were telling the truth or not, i dont know. But i know what i heard that night and it was horrible.

I get alot of wierd stuff happen to me at work everyone here seems to thing i actract it . The guy i work with now, Jim, on his first night i told him about all the stuff id seen and heard i dont know whether he really believed me or not but after what happened next, well he now has his own opinion.

On his first night we were sat in the bar watching tv, no one around and we heard a glass move, you know if you slide a glass alog a table kinda noise.

it sound like it moved i good 3ft along the bar surface and then SMASH. We jumped up looked over the bar and it was everywhere. after we cleared it up, i was like "dude i F**king told you" so we went to the cctv system rewound it and you can see the glass move about 3ft on the surface then drop off the edge and smash. It was crazy. Like i say he now has his own opinion about the place. Haha.

That`ll do for now, Im sure most people wont believe that stuff i understand that but i know what ive seen and heard here. There is alot more than that aswell. but those are the best ones.

Nick

In the lodge at shiel we used to sleep over in it every now and again cos was friendly with the kids that lived there. We used to all stay in the same room and would be about 5/6 of us there. The lights used to flicker. I know what your thinking. Old build bad wires. Well it had recenlty been done up a few years before so eveyrything was grand. The lights used to turn on and off for a good 10 mins or so before it stopped. You could hear the light switch being clicked. But noone was near it. This never happened when there were a smaller number in the room.

Did a wee bit of reserch and found out that a young boy had been killed in the lodge by a accident in the stables.He was quiet a lively lad when he was young and never liked being by himself. So thought it was his ghost. We put this to the test. When it started doing it again. One of us just said " John can you please stop doing that were tryinf to sleep". And the lights just stayed off. Now this really freaked us out. But sure enough every night we stayed over this would happen and jsut kept asking John to stop it and he did.

Another story is in the Shiel Manse. Only a mile from my house. The owners had a son about the same time I was born. His name was Duncan. Unfortunalty he was born witha dogey hearrt and the doctors didnt give him past a year. But he proved them wrong. We grew up toegther till the age of 5/6 and were pretty much insepterble. One day he was running up the stairs when he died due to his heart problems. By this time though they had already had another son who was still a baby at the time. Now nothing happened at the start. But when I started going over and playing with Hugh, the other son, I was about 10 and Hugh was 6/7 we used to play together all the time. Then one day I lost my favoruit toy at his. We looked high and low for it but coulnt find it anywhere. It was missing for about 4 weeks when I stayed over night at his and i slept in duncans old room. Now at the time i didnt know it was his old room but when i woke up my toy was sitting on the floor near the bed. Just thought his mum had found it for me so went to say thanks. She didnt have anything to do with it though. Noone in the house knew how it got there. A few weeks later staying over again i heard foot steps on the landing out side my room. Noone would of been up here cos i was on the top floor where only Duncans room was and a loo. Duncans and mine favroite toy was outside the door the folowing morning. I was over the moon and thought his parents had a hand in this. Again they had no idea. They had been looking for that toy for years but could never find it. Then over the next few years same type of things has happened. Running foot steps to the top of the stairs and onto the landing. Toys being moved during the night.

I belved and still do to this day that its Duncan running up those stairs. Finishing the run that his body never did.

I still go over and stay in his room every now and again. When ever I do i take a toy for Duncan. And sure enough in the morning it has been moved about. I wake up some nights when I'm there in the dead of night and hear footsteps on the landing.

Why is it just humans, never animals.

My girlfriend used to live in a house share in a fairly shabby old (but pretty big) house, says she saw the ghost of a dog there with her once. I forget the finer details of the story but it was a dog anyway.

Totally agree with you though, the more you think about it and let your mind wander the more likely something dodgy is to happen. Not sure if I believe in it or not but I'd be the first to shit a brick and leg it if I did see something :lol:

• Like 2

My dad told me a story ages ago about when he was out jogging, decided to cut through the church grounds via the graveyard. It was a hot summers evening but all of a sudden it went ice cold and the sweat froze on him. He stopped dead and he said it was like ice till he moved from this spot, then it was a summers evening again. I believe in ghosts very much, hell my amp moving across the room downstairs when everyone was asleep was enough to convince me.

I just really like voting and posting.

But we do have an odd story which was going on for years. It was about too small pictures, one of my grandmother and one of my grandfather. They hung next to each other at different heights, my grandmother being above my grandfather. Both frames were identical in size. For a few years, these pictures would frequently fall to the ground overnight. This stopped after my aunt switched the two pictures around so my grandfather was hanging higher up. I'm sure there's a logical explenation to this but it was really weird getting up, walking through the living room and frequently finding these two pictures on the ground in a corner.