Bt

rav

Hi All

After 3 years break in BikeTrial I wants to say hello, still alive ;-)

Thought last years I was doing parts for Street/DH market only, for brands like Karpiel, DC, Darmoor. I don't know if any of trial riders recognize those brands ?

Anyway if You have a new ideas and wants to share it and push into production for BikeTrial riders use, feel free to contact me.

http://www.facebook.com/btbike

Thanks for support Like it, Share it.

R.K.

What do You think about belt-drive in BikeTrial ?

beltdrive_fw_bt.jpg

Bash integrated with FW, belt is 10 times lighter than chain, rear belt sprocket can be made from Alloy.

All set is lighter then typical chain and CrMo sprocket.

Edited by rav

Hey Rav

welcome back.

will you be making frames again? i really like my spiderman 8.0 until it cracked.

if your making frames again one thing i think you need to look at is chain tension/brake alignment. Almost all frames are made to suit 18:15,some people myself included prefer 18:16,but with this ratio we have chain tension and brake pad alignment issue, its a problem since all frames have gone horizontal drop outs.. If you could come up with a idea so that you could use any gearing and still have brakes line up and have horzontal drop outs that would be fantastic. i have a few ideas myself,if you want me to send them to you?

My question is this - Do you have any spare

e-mail me please, will check. sales[AT]btbike.com

But you have to have a break in the chainstay (beltstay?) to install it, which is going to negate any benefits in my eyes...

You are absolutely right. There is no way to mount beltdrive for standard bicycle frame w/o breaking C/S.

There is solution, we can prepare new frames BT 9.0 ? with bolted chainstay with seatstays.

Below is only an example, I have an idea how to do it more solid to keep strong in biketrial.

close_up_beltdrice.jpg

Edited by rav

What do You think about belt-drive in BikeTrial ?

Unless you use a lot larger sprockets (diameter) than now, I don't think it will work. I am working on a side project with belt drive bikes, the belts aren't designed to take such forces. I would love to be proved wrong though :)

e-mail me please, will check. sales[AT]btbike.com

There is solution, we can prepare new frames BT 9.0 ? with bolted chainstay with seatstays.

Ok, will do.

Also, please don't, you might want to try out belt drive but I don't think it's ready, and if you made your frames require this exclusive technology you'd barely sell any.

• 4 weeks later...

New 2011 concept bike.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=198141306887194&id=187784951256163&aid=47819

Below Frame specs:

Available 4-bolt Magura mount and DISC only

Color: White, custom stickers

Head angle: 71 degrees

Wheelbase: 1000-1024mm adjustable

BB height: +74 mm with 363/F45 mm fork

Chainstays: 340-362mm

Seat tube: 10mm

BB shell: 68 mm

Headtube length: 120 mm

Rear Disc Tab IS2000

post-1821-0-72182500-1300918351_thumb.jp

post-1821-0-42633500-1300918359_thumb.jp

post-1821-0-15495500-1300918365_thumb.jp

post-1821-0-91851800-1300918370_thumb.jp

post-1821-0-49307900-1300918376_thumb.jp

Horizontal dropouts.

Ahhh could be the reason :lol:

Looks like an Onza complete. Not in a bad way, or a good way, just sayin'. I guess that's mainly down to the cranks.

Thought this too!

I dont really like it, could change my mind with a better spec though. stem looks too long, forks look too thin, dont like the pedals, bashring or cranks.

Pop a disc tab on too!

Edited by Laurence--Trials