Clean - Cleanzine.co.uk

Mark W

Were both tickets just for riding on the pavement? Damn Nazi's!

Didn't get fined or anything - they stopped us because of an increase in muggings by kids on bikes. It was near a sketchy estate so it's sort of fair enough, but as soon as they clocked we weren't some pikies on bikes (well, I'm not...) they were sort of cool about things. They did a full-on search though which was the first time I'd had that ever in London. I think it was as much a 'Be seen to be doing something' thing as an actual check to see if we were 'tooled up' to quote them, they left their car lights flashing and the like so it was pretty high visibility...

This blog oozes style and communicates a lifestyle and attitude rather than simply a sport.

My new favourite trials blog.

thumbsupanim.gif

That was the plan. Thanks Matt :)

I wouldn't hold your breath, only two people know where those banks are and I am pretty sure neither of them are going to be around. Plus it's heavy rain in London on sunday.

the Blog, I love it. it oozes character and style. Keep it up.

I wouldn't hold your breath, only two people know where those banks are and I am pretty sure neither of them are going to be around. Plus it's heavy rain in London on sunday.

Lots of Ali c on there. The under agers will love it. Good to see a little documentation of the travelling etc.

Looking forward to the future updates etc.

Ali....don't be so negative. Weather will be lovely. You ready to show us around london then :-p

Kensington is looking rough!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=whitchurch+road+london&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

post-7501-0-95920700-1299853740_thumb.pn

P.S. Mark..i do exactly the same. I ride London at least 6 days a week minimum and whilst not always on the trials bike i find even when i am on it i spedn most of my time just scouting around hopping in and around everything i come across and pass. If i spend 6 hours on a Saturday riding, probably 4 of them are just going between areas, looking around. It's changed the way i ride as due to how vast London is i always have the urge to move on meaning i usually never stay at a spot for more than 15 minutes.

You sure do get to cover a lot of the City that way, and the great thing is in 2 years i ain't barely scratched the surface yet.

Still don't get those sloped walls.....

Edited by Matthew62

Found a bunch of spots all over just by setting out for a day and riding in one direction. Knew quite a few locals too who were up for a pedal, so they'd take me to some spot, then I'd just sort of work out other spots from there. So much undiscovered potential, and so much unfulfilled potential for stuff already found! I think Ali and I were mulling over the idea of renting a flat/hotel room/something similar for a week to just spend the whole time riding London...

Found a bunch of spots all over just by setting out for a day and riding in one direction. Knew quite a few locals too who were up for a pedal, so they'd take me to some spot, then I'd just sort of work out other spots from there. So much undiscovered potential, and so much unfulfilled potential for stuff already found! I think Ali and I were mulling over the idea of renting a flat/hotel room/something similar for a week to just spend the whole time riding London...

If it's as big as you make out, you need more time.

I love how the blog is so clean and minimal, yet so stylish - good work Mark. I've been reading it on and off since you started it, it's nice to get information you want rather than loads of useless rambling.

Having seen some of your other work you're clearly good at this kinda stuff, keep it up :)

I don't really have the time to watch that yet 'cos I'm on my lunchbreak, but if it's about not 'giving in' to a stop and search for no reason, it's sort of tricky when you're riding on the pavement (£30 fine), with no lights (£30 fine), and on a bike without brakes (£70 fine). I'd rather have to get searched and have no issues at all rather than get arsey and potentially get fined £130-ish...

EDIT: Cheers for the comments from everyone else too :)

• 2 weeks later...

It might be :shifty:

But nah, it should be. The last update was actually going to be about you and Bristol, and I've got about 3 or 4 intros I typed out that didn't 'feel' right, so I settled for the Blackpool one...

Yeah, standard problem that; trying to find the words that do me justice. Jokes :P

I approve of the latest update and only time will tell if I approve of the next one.

Masterful, Ali.

• 2 weeks later...