New Chorrillas Range.

Mark W

Chorrillas have been making little bits and pieces (such as metal TPA wheels) for quite some time now, and have now expanded their range.

They now produce a disc protector (suitable for 160mm rotors) - weighing in at 26.4g, and made of high quality 7075 aluminium.

large_discprotector.jpg

large_discprotector3.jpg

large_echo20118.jpg

The Gorilla is Chorrillas' answer to brake boosters - similar to TNN's Integrated Booster and Clamps system, but bolting the booster directly to the clamps.

large_gorilla.jpg

large_gorilla2.jpg

That weighs 102.8g. Uses a 'washerless' clamp design too to keep things nice and simple.

They've also got an aluminium rotor that should be out some time soon - Adam's got a sample on the front of his FANS at the moment so we'll see how it works out!

They also have a few other ambitious projects on the go so keep your eyes peeled...

I'm glad to see Juan Carlos Chorrillas is making new stuff :) good work from Spain (Y)

Out of interest, what does the 'RR' on their products stand for? Is it the double r in Chlorrillas?

yes i think, chorrilla's logo is with doble R more big of the rest of words.

I think he means because ti is harder than steel and alu if it recieves any heavy blows it's more likely to snap clean off than bend like alu and steel would. So if the disc protector keeps getting smashed into walls and rocks on failed sidehops the bolt heads will probably shear off taking the disc protector with it and leaving you trying to remove the rest of the threads somehow.

• Like 1

Mark W, Will tarty be selling the brake clamps separately?

Could you use your own 2 bolt brake booster on it, or does the extra length cause tyre clearance problems?

At that sort of distance i would imagine on the majority of frames the extra length would be offset by the extra height of the mounting position. Might not be true for super low clearance frames though.