2010 Onza Zoot 24 Reviews?

eod

Hello all. I am looking for some feedback on the 24 Zoot. I already own a 2008 Echo Control, but I'd like a streety 24 bike also. Can anybody who has ridden one share with me?

I did search here and elsewhere, not a lot of info out there.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Although I do not own a Zoot a friend of mine does so I tend to get a chance to ride it a lot. I ride a mod so it is different to what I'm used to but still a lot of fun, and as far as I know he hasnt had any problems with it at all.

The link below is a topic about the Inspired Fourplay and the Onza Zoot, not sure if you found it when doing your research but the comments sum up both the pros and cons of both street bikes.

Fourplay vs Onza Zoot

Hope this will help.

Edited by ForrestDump

I ride a zoot and a mod, and just like you 2 weeks ago I felt like a streety 24 and bought a zoot.

I find that it feels very heavy when lifting the front as compared to the mod, although manuals, wheelies and bunny hops are great fun! I havn't been riding it long, but as far as I can see it contests the inspired fourplay! Rides very smoothly and the V brakes are surprisingly strong :) I'd definitely reccomend getting one, but obviously try to get a test ride first :P

Any other questions i'd be happy to answer :)

Ok guys thanks.

The only downside I have heard is the heavy front end. But the cromo bar would have to go asap and I could trade for an alloy fork later.

I live in US, in an area where there are very few trials riders. I don't think there are many zoots in the US anyway. I have never actually ridden trials with someone else. Hehe

Anybody know what the stock weight is?

i have a 2010 onza zoot, i think its great but needs a few upgrades, ive put a disc brake on the front, run cables through the forks and extended the rear brake cable for 270's. also brake booster, better grips and bigger riser.

they are good though and great value for money,

It's a great bike to start with, but as Carlperkins already said you need to upgrade several things depending on your needs. I feel very confident with it although I'd prefer an Inspired to be honest. Nevertheless it's the perfect bike for beginners.

its an excellent beginner bike for sure at a great price aswell, i've had mine for 3 months now and never had problem with anything on it, although it is modified in nearly every way so i cant exactly review the standard parts as i only had them on the bike for a mere 2 or 3 rides, the main reason for the upgrades was a personal preference in setup, and durability.. although if this bike is setup well as standard it still rides great its really light, flicky and just generally fun all round to ride.. once you upgrade a few parts they start to look pretty trick aaswell (Y) (i think)

here's a pic or two from a couple of days ago of my zoot with some even more recent upgrades... thought i'd post a couple pics to help you out as i couldn't find a single picture of an upgraded zoot before i bought mine 3 months back..

post-28111-0-35027500-1300746101_thumb.j

looking a bit mucky actually, had been riding some sandy rocks all day :rolleyes:

post-28111-0-06622500-1300746111_thumb.j

also they feel incredibly light to hop, even though mine is now a fair bit heavier than the standard model it still hops like a freakin pogo stick (Y) here's a quick vid from yesterday of a stationary hop (was pretty knackered it was the end of a massive riding weekend) so not the best but still fairly high for a beginner i'd say.. pause at around 8sec for the full effect haha!!

My link

anyway hope any of this info helps (Y)

Wow, onzamartin your upgrades on the bike are awesome! Also nice bunnyhop ;)

thanks for the comments bud, all i need now is a pair of fourplay forks and a pair of sealed pedals and then it will be a beasty little beast (Y) still can't decide what colour to get the forks though... (before anyone starts to diss and blather platitudes like "oh it doesn't matter just ride it") the colour of the forks will affect the performance dramatically) :lol:

best mod i've done recently (for street) was replacing the skinny front rim and tyre with a nice chunky holy roller 2.4 (instead of a 1.85), and also throwing away the skinny front rim and building a nice WIDE rear rim onto the front hub :) strong as funk now, total win

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have one and it's been a bit of trouble.

The rear wheel wasn't built well so after a month of 1-2ft drops I had a few snapped spokes.

The horizontal dropouts are quite confusing.

And then if u r doing tricks such as standing on the bars the pedals continue turning so when you jump back down they won't be ware u left them. But don't let this concern you it is still a good starter bike for street trials