Misconceptions Blog

Ross McArthur

• 2 weeks later...

So earlier this year, I managed to go on two trips with the bikes. I had a LOT of fun on both, and managed to capture some footage. My editing is VERY poor on these so I apologise. Windows Movie Maker is NOT my friend

Firstly - a UK road trip with Ross McArthur (blackpool, porthcawl, bristol, barrow farm, london, hull). Had an absolute blast and got to ride with some really really good riders. Thanks to everyone who came out and joined us. It was fun.

Secondly - Barcelona Trip. Some of the Scottish guys and I went out and had a really good time with lots of sun, sea and booze. All in all it was a brilliant trip and I definitely think I will be going back next year.

So...both videos are up online and you can see them @ The Misconceptions Website

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

filing dropouts is the name of the game....just had to get rid of the tensioner I was bashing it so much. just filed them at a wee angle to allow me to push the wheel further into the dropouts as necessary when the chain got slacker

in regards to the weekend in aberdeen. ill come riding with you anytime. let us know.

first port of call....here

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Considering I can't even view the vids as they're blocked at work I like what I see!

EDIT: Just watched now I'm home, absolutely lovin the vids. Think its safe to say I'll be going brakeless when I build my 24 this week!

Edited by isitafox

I drew up almost identical mounts a while back too. Unfortunately mine ended up in the hands of the world's worst builder (I suspect the same you mention on the blog...) who couldn't even make normal mounts that worked so that was the end of it... :rolleyes:

Hope it lives up to your expectations, though I'm sure it will, and looking forward to some clips when the opportunity crosses your path.

That was all sorts of right!

I feel your pain about "doing it wrong" though. Streets so much harder to judge speed and distances. Its bad when you know the first couple of goes are going to be bails but commiting to finnishing the line kinda makes it more worth while than just doing something you can bang out first time.

Looking forward to seeing the marino in action (Y)

Edited by CalopS