British Trials Cup - Rnd 1 - Brimham

First round of the British Trials Cup - Brimham 17th April - just over a week to go!

Who will be the UK's top rider for 2011? And who will achieve selection for the UCI World Championships this year?

Routes suitable for all abilities to come and have a go.

High Wood Farm next to the famous Brimham rocks is a brilliant venue for both riders and spectators. Massive rocks situated mainly in woodland makes for an excellent range of sections from the beginners through to the Elite. And with the UK's World Elite riders invited to make the Yellow route even harder than normal - it really could be an impressive event to ride, and to watch.

At this British Cup series, you don't need any memberships or licences, all you need to do is enter the event.

Get your entries off now! On-line entry available from the website's Events page. Hope to see everyone there - spectators welcome!

www.biketrialuk.co.uk

Is it possible to pay and enter on arrival?

Yes, you can just turn up and enter - but it will cost you an extra £5 as punishment for the extra hassle I'll have :giggle:

Easiest way is enter and pay in advance, then if you can't come, ring me by mid-day on Saturday and I'll just cross you off the list and send you a refund.

Pay here

Enter here

See you Sunday I hope :)

i'd love to come but just can't afford it really. £40+ in fuel and then £20 for entry plus food (ALOT for me :P ) really hikes the cost up for one day's riding. sucks living so far away! ...

Fuel is just so silly expensive now!

What about car-sharing? Surely there's someone near you who'd share?

Would be great to see you!

In the meantime, if anyone needs a lift and lives anywhere between Buxton and any of the National events this year (except Scotland), George Eyre is coming with an empty car and has volunteered a free lift to 3 people and 2 bikes!

If you're interested, give him a call on 01298 73845

Who's George Eyre?? I live 5 mins from buxton and would love to find some more local riders! Will hopefully catch up with him on Sunday (assuming he is a rider!)

He's our Chairman and comes along to observe. His son, Rick, used to ride but gave it up for a family!

No 20" Elites today, not 100% on 2nd and 3rd places but it was Jack Carthy in 1st. Think James Hyland was 2nd but don't quote me on that!

wasnt james hyland walking round with crutches?

Were you with Ben Swales today?

20" Elite: Sam Oliver couldn't make it and Rob Poyser had to leave with Danny Butler who went home early.

26" Elite: Jack Carthy 1st, Joe Seddon 2nd, Tom Rigg 3rd. Not sure of all the points, but I know Jack finshed on 7(!).

It was a great trial - I really enjoyed myself! Perfect weather, great sections, great turn out! Bring on the next one!

Yeah that was me, could well have been, I don't really know many of the elites so that's why I wasn't 100% sure, knew it began with J though! Jack definately won it though. Think he got 1 on first lap and 6 on the second. Unbelievable!

Did you get sunburnt?? My necks been murdered and got banging headache now!

Edited by isitafox

Did you get sunburnt?? My necks been murdered and got banging headache now!

If that was directed to me I wasn't riding. I just came along to watch for a bit because my frame cracked on thursday. I was in white tshirt/jeans/ginger hair!