Define 'Trials Rider'

dave33

it's people like you that made me leave the comp scene in the first place. you just seem completely unable too see outside your own little world, you make assumptions about my riding at demos, take the piss out of people who like to ride and do fun stuff outside comps, I have absolutely no time for people like you.

maybe you should practice stoppies as they are pretty useful you know?

• Like 3

Its because you dont measure your sidehops ali...

Dave you narrow minded douche are you genuinely trying to say that Ali is not an athlete? Hes one of the few riders who manages to compete, win, and have fun at the same time. He takes his riding just as seriously as everybody else. and over the years has become one of the uks best riders.

Your like a 1950s male who stuck in his ways and disregards change.

(rimming over/)

to be an athlete you have to compete.. aint seen ali show his face at a comp for ages apart from where he tried to turn up and ride brakeless...

What if most of Man United's team didn't show up so the kid kicking a ball against his wall got a place in the first team?

you dont have a clue about football.. seriously lol!

Your (lack of) logic is really quite amazing.

how can you speak about his lack of knowledge.. daves one of the most experienced comp riders in the uk.. doing well in world rounds as well as the nationals..

Yes... So someone who gets up/over/down an obstacle or section without putting a foot down but with added style, throwing in an X-up or doing a 360 out (while on a trials bike) isn't riding trials? Mmmkay.

is bmx trials biking aswell then? they do over a ramp without putting there foot down?

how can you speak about his lack of knowledge.. daves one of the most experienced comp riders in the uk.. doing well in world rounds as well as the nationals..

doing well in comps because no-one else turns up is kinda defeating the point.

• Like 2

you dont have a clue about football.. seriously lol!

I was making a point. I'm well aware of how football works. I'm sort of hoping you're being sarcastic, because surely you can't have missed the point that much?

how can you speak about his lack of knowledge

...but then again, you did somehow completely miss the bit where he was talking about logic rather than knowledge. Hey ho...

• Like 2

im off riding, you lot keeping sitting on trials forum all day and calling your selfs trials riders lol!

That means nothing, you can't ride constantly so sometimes when people aren't riding they're on a computer, where they want to look up what's happening in the sport. And we will call ourselves trials riders because he happen to ride trials.

im off riding, you lot keeping sitting on trials forum all day and calling your selfs trials riders lol!

I love that argument. Of course us lot who sit on here all day clearly have no interest in trials and never did right? That's why we're on one of the most niche forums I've seen... Yawn. Next.

Don't you mean you left the comps because you weren't good enough to win?

I only won a hand full of comps in the 12 years I did them, I rode them because they were fun. Anyway, I would rather win a comp because I rode well rather than there being no-one there.

how can you speak about his lack of knowledge..

...but then again, you did somehow completely miss the bit where he was talking about logic rather than knowledge. Hey ho...

Learn to read before coming in making stupid comments (Ozzy, not Mark...) :P.

is bmx trials biking aswell then? they do over a ramp without putting there foot down?

A ramp isn't really an obstacle, it's, well, a ramp.

Dave, are you going to keep making yourself look like a prick, or is shutting up on your list of things to do some any time soon?

Seriously, it's great that you think you're better than everyone because you ride comps, but shut the f**k up. There's more to the sport than your own little bubble.

• Like 2

Totally agree Ali, no point winning by cheating or hopping others will give up, like you said were fun for you!

I ride for fun nothing more!

But when did I even mention any thing about my ridding ??

I don't thing I'm some awaome rider! I just ride for a bit of fun!

I'm just trying to make my point after all the topic say the most exellent riders! Not most popular!!

And to te post about comming acros a willy, well o don't live my life on the Internet so it dosnt concern me!!

But he competes in the other 50%

After all he's got to make a living and fund the travel, so can u suggest and other riders of the level ( most excellent)?

Serious question, why do you think only competition riders can be the most excellent?

If Stephen Hawking hadn't taken any formal qualifications but still knew everything he knows, would he be any less of a genius?

I have kinda said all that's needed to be said and I don't want to clutter up what was a good topic, but Dave, I don't disagree with your last comment, the world champs are exactly that, the best in the world at what they do (not getting into the TGS V Comp argument), what really annoyed me was the fact you said that if you don't do comps you're not a real trials rider which is a completely different subject to you're last comment.

Hahaha, come on guys...

Help me out and give it a rest... I don't want to have to sort through another 4 pages of bickering. All sides of trials: whether competition/street etc, requires riders to have very different technical skills. Neither is better, there just different. Variety is a good thing, chill my friends.

Keep the suggestions a rolling!

Doesn't matter who can get up the biggest stuff or jump the biggest or what ever in practice but if you cant do it when the pressures on or when it's raining or when you have rode half a section it dosnt matter, even if you did get up a house on the 100th take of your video.

That doesn't make you the beast!!!