Clean 001

Mark W

So yeah - Vimeo's slaughtered the quality on this, so I'd recommend viewing it in HD.

http://vimeo.com/22419485

Clean 001 was filmed from Jan-March 2011. Riders involved were Ali, Ben, Joel, Sam, Rowan, Danny, 'Cooky' and Stan. Thanks to everyone who was involved in any way - including Inspired and Trialtech for making the best parts around, and TartyBikes.co.uk too!

http://cleanzine.blogspot.com

Now that's how you produce a kick-ass video. Everything was perfect, the vibe, the editing, the tunes, the riding, the camerawork.

You've successfully met and exceeded the hype that was around before release.

This is everything I love about trials with none of the bits I dislike. You've captured it all perfectly.

Well done, all your endless hours of hard work have paid off.

Props.

Now that's how you produce a kick-ass video. Everything was perfect, the vibe, the editing, the tunes, the riding, the camerawork.

You've successfully met and exceeded the hype that was around before release.

This is everything I love about trials with none of the bits I dislike. You've captured it all perfectly.

Well done, all your endless hours of hard work have paid off.

Props.

Can't really add much else - awesome stuff Mark!

Also - what has Ali C been eating? I want some of that! Ali C for president :D

Too cool for a helmet?

Pretty much every clip I got in the video was after I'd been filming other people, so it was more just a case of "Oh, could you quickly film me doing this please?" and just not really remembering to put one on before I threw down bicycle manoeuvres.

Speaking of - thanks to everyone else who filmed at some point as well. I can't remember the full list but I think it was Ali, Joel, Ben and Stan.

Thanks for the comments in general too, I didn't really know how well it'd go down so I'm glad people are into it (Y)

Things what we have learneded;

• Ali is pretty much untouchable at the mo. There were so many lines in there where I actually laughed at how stupid it's become.
  • I still don't understand how Joel gets so much power down in his gaps and ting.
  • Sam's bike looks f**king ridiculous with those Suntours on, but it sure as hell didn't stop him.
  • Your spins are lush, I need them in my life.
  • Ben's body really needs to cut him some f**king slack so he can get out and do more of this.

Seriously sweet dude, well worth the wait and surpassed all the hype. Get the next one out already, yeah?! Edit was spot on, track choice was cool and this (the video, the blog and the general approach to it all) are exactly what trials (sorry, "mountainbiking") needs right now. Other than a download link...

Westlake, like Jesus but real.

I've got enough left over footage to do a 1-2min bonus edit as well as a load of crashes for a crash edit too, so I was sort of toying with the idea of making a really high quality version and doing a sort of DVD type setup with Clean 001, bonus and crashes, then putting up the other Clean videos so far in higher quality too. We'll see though, I'm lazy as f**k (Hence it taking 3 weeks to edit this one :P) so that probably won't ever happen :P

EDIT: And yeah, I agree about Ali. It's comedy going home from work feeling tired and bleurgh then going out riding and seemingly every day having to watch the Ali Show where he's just smashing lines left right and centre. There were quite a few times where we'd just be having a chilled out ride near our houses in Blackpool and I'd have no camera but Ali would start doing huge stuff like it was nothing. The guy's a dick :P