6Th Round

kevind

I am saying nothing. But I ain't delivering a baby in the middle of a trial. You bring her, you did the dead so you take the baby messy bit. Remember to wash your hands and clean your teeth.

Ross you live, hows it going you old mucker, missed a brilliant weekend at Fort Bill. I know commitments.

Ross you live, hows it going you old mucker, missed a brilliant weekend at Fort Bill. I know commitments.

Fort William weekends are always good. I missed last years too which is a massive shame. Its also a shame that more Scottish riders could'nt make it. There is so much talent out there at the moment. Expert and Elite Riders such as Ricky Towler, Greg Wright, Ross Watson, Ben Travis, Stuart Robertson, Duncan Shaw, are all riders who would do well in these events. Theres also a lot of up and coming riders such as James Wright, Chris Millar, who would are putting in lots of effort to up their ability and would have put pressure on a lot of other riders.

Well done to all the other Scottish riders who represented us though. (Y)

Edited by Ross McArthur

Fort William weekends are always good. I missed last years too which is a massive shame. Its also a shame that more Scottish riders could'nt make it. There is so much talent out there at the moment. Expert and Elite Riders such as Ricky Towler, Greg Wright, Ross Watson, Ben Travis, Stuart Robertson, Duncan Shaw, are all riders who would do well in these events. Theres also a lot of up and coming riders such as James Wright, Chris Millar, who would are putting in lots of effort to up their ability and would have put pressure on a lot of other riders.

Well done to all the other Scottish riders who represented us though. (Y)

I agree, but nearly half the entry was Scottish and half of that were club members. There was a big Inverness group but none of them want to be in the club. We had a good lot of Scottish riders on the podium both days in the British side. Gary Mac, AJ, Ross Macdonald, Stuart Crayk, Simon Duke and a few others just off the podium places. You first got to be their to win.

There may be a new/old venue for next year which now word is getting around may get some to travel. I think the grand scale, the thought it was a British champ scared some riders away. I know those that turned up really enjoyed it. We made a lot of new friends and some of the over the border riders will be coming to Glasgow. I even may have to buy yellow markers. I know that the club is getting known now by the increased number of enquiries and although entry levels are as good as they should be, I think next year should be better for numbers.

As for the names you mentioned above, I know that they/you all have other committments/work but it depends on where your priorities are. We are off to Tyke trial this weekend and after asking for any other riders to put up a Scottish team its still only me and my two boys going. (I know Gary before you say anything) But we think we will get our Scottish team with Jamie Bew and Ben Swales after all! See the usual faces in Glasgow and maybe some of the names above to compete with the travelling English guys. SHOULD I ORDER THE YELLOW MARKERS?

I agree, but nearly half the entry was Scottish and half of that were club members. There was a big Inverness group but none of them want to be in the club. We had a good lot of Scottish riders on the podium both days in the British side. Gary Mac, AJ, Ross Macdonald, Stuart Crayk, Simon Duke and a few others just off the podium places. You first got to be their to win.

There may be a new/old venue for next year which now word is getting around may get some to travel. I think the grand scale, the thought it was a British champ scared some riders away. I know those that turned up really enjoyed it. We made a lot of new friends and some of the over the border riders will be coming to Glasgow. I even may have to buy yellow markers. I know that the club is getting known now by the increased number of enquiries and although entry levels are as good as they should be, I think next year should be better for numbers.

As for the names you mentioned above, I know that they/you all have other committments/work but it depends on where your priorities are. We are off to Tyke trial this weekend and after asking for any other riders to put up a Scottish team its still only me and my two boys going. (I know Gary before you say anything) But we think we will get our Scottish team with Jamie Bew and Ben Swales after all! See the usual faces in Glasgow and maybe some of the names above to compete with the travelling English guys. SHOULD I ORDER THE YELLOW MARKERS?

Hit the nail on the head there.

Yeah kev thats cool, i really want to go but i can't afford it and its my other halfs birthday so i better spend at least one day with her :giggle: . As for the next round i hope theres yellow flags, the likes of jamie bew, alec ray and hopfully jack carthy are to good for the reds. Hope to be up in the yellows next year, thats the aim!! (Y)

Get a dummy for these over practiced elite riders who could beat everybody if they get there priorities in order.

Just stirring Ross before you go of on one. I appreciate that you have made the effort to all of them except last one. Vans packed and we are leaving first thing in the morning for two days riding at a great venue by all acounts. Other halfs Birthday ah still young and in LOVE.

Edited by kevind

Strictly ignored everywhere. Just back from a Tyke trial weekend. Dont worry as long as you have a helmet, thats all you need. Good response from the riders at the tyke trial this weekend, Yellow flags will be ordered.

Really looking forward to this. Will send my entry off soon.

Spare tubes this time!!

Edited by kevind

I'm afraid I can't make it up to the Bob McGregor round aa I'll be in Germany visiting some friends. I'm supposed to be going to Bestival in September, but if I can get enough interest with some of the Tykes, I may cancel that and come up with some of them in tow for the last round at Phantassie. I'll keep you posted (Y)

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the last couple of rounds, seems like such a long time since the Fort! Kev, im glad you're enforcing the 'proper' rules of having the time limit, saves folk fannying about before/after the section. Also means i cant spend ages picking my lines mid section :rolleyes: will be great to get back into the comp riding after the summer break. My entry should be with you soon Kev!

Just been over to BM park this afternoon as I was working near by. The new rocks although just dumped are huge and very huge and all angles and very grippy. Five new sections and two from last time (tyres and pipes) changed routes. There will be an elite route if anybody enters? I will be there Saturday to mark out and there is plenty to practice on all day if you want an extra days play. Practice your two and a half min per section as it will be enforced.

See you all in a couple of weeks.