Site News: Tapatalk Installed

Just installed tapatalk on here, for those that dont know about it here is the official blurb...

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:

77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Forum Moderation support:

77ec8c55-d44e-0fbb.jpg

• 11 months later...

BUMP... Sorry for zombie posting. I'm a newbie here and would like to access to TF through TapaTalk. But it seems that TF needs to install a newer version on the server side. Now I always get 'incorrect password or username'.

Try using the correct Password and Username. (Y)

• Like 1

BUMP... Sorry for zombie posting. I'm a newbie here and would like to access to TF through TapaTalk. But it seems that TF needs to install a newer version on the server side. Now I always get 'incorrect password or username'.

We used to have it installed, but not since we upgraded a few days ago. Have you tried the mobile skin (its pretty sweet) or the invision iphone app? If there's big demand for tapatalk we can put it back on, but personally I'd rather avoid it if possible!

I bought the Tapatalk app quite awhile ago as someone on here said they were using it to access the forum on their iPhone. I was using the IPB app at the time, but found I could not add replies or start topics on it. The Tapatalk app sounded great but after downloading I had the sam problem as Singlespeed101, it refused me access claiming my username and/or password was incorrect. The IPB app appears to be working now, which is great. I am curious as to why Tom you have started this topic to promote Tapatalk when you have now said that you don't have installed on the site to be able to access it from the app.

Just makes no sense.

I bought the Tapatalk app quite awhile ago as someone on here said they were using it to access the forum on their iPhone. I was using the IPB app at the time, but found I could not add replies or start topics on it. The Tapatalk app sounded great but after downloading I had the sam problem as Singlespeed101, it refused me access claiming my username and/or password was incorrect. The IPB app appears to be working now, which is great. I am curious as to why Tom you have started this topic to promote Tapatalk when you have now said that you don't have installed on the site to be able to access it from the app.

Just makes no sense.

Probably because he posted it in May 2011, and the forum just had a massive update that probably makes it a ballache to install again when there's perfectly good alternatives... :P

Probably because he posted it in May 2011, and the forum just had a massive update that probably makes it a ballache to install again when there's perfectly good alternatives... :P

Oops, I saw May and 201 and must have just thought I saw 2012 rather than 2011.

Please ignore then. yeah that explains why I had problems with it when I first downloaded it, nevermind.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to make this my first post, but is the forum going back to Tapatalk? Or is there a dedicated app for Android?

Will post in the new members thread when home, ballache on my phone!

Thanks

We used to have it installed, but not since we upgraded a few days ago. Have you tried the mobile skin (its pretty sweet) or the invision iphone app? If there's big demand for tapatalk we can put it back on, but personally I'd rather avoid it if possible!

(Y)

• 2 months later...

It's about the same, but this is handy as the forums I use are in one app rather than littering my homescreen with short cuts to Chrome.

Oh... No point then haha cheers for that. Although I do get an annoying link at the bottom of all replies saying "Get the IPS Communities App for iPhone now!" and I sometimes mis-tap and press that causing me to loose whatever I wrote out. :(

ah yeah, i need to get rid of that. its a bit cheeky for IPS to put an advert on their for one of their apps when we already pay them for the software!

I get the issue with the actual Safari (I use Chrome app) on the iPhone, but if the issue is resolved on the tapatalk app I'd consider paying £2 for it. :)

Pretty sure £2 is a bit hefty for a forum app... Should be 69p, but I'm a cheapskate. :P

• 1 year later...