Remove Chris King Drive

Luke_zoo

You will need a blunt object that will fit through the non drive side of the hub, Something like a thin rod of metal,a socket extension or a large wooden dowel. You want to push the spring plate onto the drive and driven rings and bearings. Tap around the edge of the spring plate in a circular motion slowly to remove the bearing carefully. If your going to stretch it dont over do it and deform it, A few centimeters will be fine. Use a few blocks of wood and a G clamp to press the bearings back in.

Edited by max-t

You will need a blunt object that will fit through the non drive side of the hub, Something like a thin rod of metal,a socket extension or a large wooden dowel. You want to push the spring plate onto the drive and driven rings and bearings. Tap around the edge of the spring plate in a circular motion slowly to remove the bearing carefully. If your going to stretch it dont over do it and deform it, A few centimeters will be fine. Use a few blocks of wood and a G clamp to press the bearings back in.

Is there not a way I can do it with just the drive side?

Is there not a way I can do it with just the drive side?

Nope, you need to push the drive rings, spring and bearings out through the drive side.

This might help you understand whats going on in there :)

Chris_King_rear_hub_cutaway.jpg

Nope, you need to push the drive rings, spring and bearings out through the drive side.

This might help you understand whats going on in there :)

Chris_King_rear_hub_cutaway.jpg

Not to sure how I would do it :(, looks hard? so put a lilttle blunt pole into non drive side? and hit untill it pops out?

Not to sure how I would do it :(, looks hard?

I would suggest you consult with Tarty for a service before you are obliged to consult a dentist for orthodontologic reconstruction .

EDIT: to avoid any suggestion of undue bias; I've never used Tarty myself , but know that they established their reputation in the early days with wheelbuilds / service .

I would suggest you consult with Tarty for a service before you are obliged to consult a dentist for orthodontologic reconstruction .

EDIT: to avoid any suggestion of undue bias; I've never used Tarty myself , but know that they established their reputation in the early days with wheelbuilds / service .

`Or buy a pro2 SCHIMPLESSSS