Street/dirt Jump Suspension

Jimbob 2705

i used dirt jams round the 08 mark they werent to bad only 100mm travel so ideal for street as well but as said above dirt jumpers pre 06 were the best you could have especially if your going second hand you should be able to pick up a bargin

Thanks again Lads! Very helpful and useful! (Y)

Just a couple more questions :

What travel should I go for? Eg 100m

Is there anyway to tell a Pre-2006 fork?

Finally, does anyone know the length of the fork (from the crown race to centre of the dropouts)? Most likely 100mm, DJ3's!

Oh, also, what is the difference between DJ2's and DJ3's?

Thanks and ATB

James

Edited by Jimbob 2705

100 for street is more than enough the only difference i can see between the dj3 and 2 on the 06 model is one is internal rebound and the other external but both of them have the 20mm through axle but all the info for all the years right back to 2001 can be found here http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/listProdotti.asp?LN=UK&idC=1592&IdFolder=113# so you know what your buying

Looks like I'm still going to have to find some......as unfortunately 'Theta2' Forks are 110mm! :(

The problem I have is that I think I would like the fork to be white - But I don't think Marzocchi did a Pre-06 fork in white?!

Any suggestions? In a perfect world, I would like a white fork with gold stantions!

Thanks and ATB

James

I loved my Rockshox Argyles

I have just had a look and they are pretty expensive - About the £250 Mark, but probably less 2nd hand! I'll have to see if I can find any decent secondhand ones.

Do you know if they are rated higher than the Marzocchi DJ3's?

Thanks and ATB

James

Looks like I'm still going to have to find some......as unfortunately 'Theta2' Forks are 110mm! :(

The problem I have is that I think I would like the fork to be white - But I don't think Marzocchi did a Pre-06 fork in white?!

Any suggestions? In a perfect world, I would like a white fork with gold stantions!

Thanks and ATB

James

Forks are now for sale here just in case you change your mind :)

again Manitou Circus Expert Forks.

gold sanctions

white or black

130mm, 100mm, 80mm options with a lock-out that works!

£270 new from crc

They look perfect.....except for they are a bit more than I want to spend! :$

I have looked on eBay to see if there is any secondhand, but no such luck! :(

As I said earlier, I would really like the forks in white. I am not that fussed on the sanctions now, but I would prefer gold or black - but normal silver would be fine I suppose.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Really gutted that 2010 Marzocchi DJ's aren't any good - seen some nice white ones for sale!

Thanks and ATB

James

There is the Marzocchi Dirt Jumper range (often shortened to E.g. DJ3) and the Marzocchi DJ range or DirtJam range which confusingly aren't the same and aren't as good. I'm not sure about the timeframe of this, some time around 2007 they brought in the DJ range as a budget option.