Letter Of Resignation?

Matthew_Gibson

I walked out of Halfords on Sunday. after the "boss" had a go at me for being ten mins early. just yelled in front of some customer. "you need to sort your self out lad and get here on time" I went over to see what he was on about and he was saying that I needed to get here on time etc etc. I walked over to our desk before I went off on one at him. and he yelled again - "if you want to go just go now" I looked back and fort I don't want to be spoken to like that. not by anyone, especially for being early!!! SO just walked out. and aint going back....

What do I say to the store manager?!

SO far iv got

"I am writing to inform you that I am leaving, as of the 26th June. You may know the reason why I am leaving from your side. He needs to sort his communication skills.

Sorry for the inconvenience "

Thanks

Told off for being early? That's a new one. Actually it's not, sounds like something my ex-boss would say - she was 40 and worked at this f**king tea room for 23 years!! What a low life piece of shit she was. No wonder she was unhappy with herself and everyone. Her face makes me want to vomit all over the tea we served.

Turn the whole employment sh'tfest on its head. Write something patronising like this...

Dear [HIS NAME],

A recent audit of time expenses against financial gain highlighted your (as a representative for Halfords) position as EMPLOYER as an unjustifiable overhead.

Unfortunately for this reason our arrangement must be terminated with immediate effect.

We regret that we are unable to offer you any other position as EMPLOYER at this time.

Kind regards,

[YOUR NAME]

If you actually are going to quit, you may as well call unfair dismissal or something. Or you could man up and go back, and have a talk to your boss man about how inappropriate it was. Although obviously I don't know whether the situation would allow that...

Yeah Tomm's right. It's actually considered (for the lack of knowing the official term) harassment to be 'disciplined' in front of customers, you're supposed to be taken back to an office or some appropriate place.

Don't quit, that would be your strongest position. And make a complaint to his boss.

If you then get fired, you can claim unfair dismissal and get a chunk of change.

• Like 2

You would be 'biting your nose off to spite your face'. Is it possible your manager was just having a really, really bad day? He sounds pretty stressed and I supect hates his job. I know that's no excuse to be a twat but stress/pressure can make people act in stupid ways. Not sticking up for him, but there may be 2 sides to the story. Have you been a 'model employee' or does he have other reasons that might make him behave in such a way?

• Like 1

I have another job, just halfords was a bit of extra cash.

He's been pulled before for bullying, and to be fair he is, using his mouth a LOT! but when you put him in his place he shuts up!

But I never went in on Monday and they haven't ran to ask why I haven't been in, we'll see what happens when the main boss man is back.

YUP! got it in one!! aha!

a few months back, I was 2 mins late. He yelled over to me "gibbie you better get that full face helmet on because I'm guna knock you out with a breaker bar lad!"

then a week later im in the office giving a statement about him bullying someone!!! :lol:

My resignation to Asda back in the day began -

"Dear Asda,

I'd love to say it's been a pleasure working for you for the last 2 years but that would be an outrageous lie..."

It continued to give all the reasons why I hated that place mentioning specific names and things they did. I caused a handful of managers a lot of shit with head office on my way out. Petty but satisfying :)

If you're definitely set on leaving, I would do a similar thing to the above but make note that you will be taking the matter up with head office, and follow it through :) Could end up with some cash, or at very least an apology letter for your experience and a promise they'll give the boss in question a kicking, which would be endlessly satisfying (to me anyway) B)

"Dear X (Was it Harold/Ian???)

Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation from employment at Halfords. I will not be returning to work my notice following the (unprofessional) verbal assault I received in front of a customer for using my initiative and arriving at work early. I am still undecided as to whether to take the matter to the area manager.

I hope that my resignation highlights a flaw in your managment style and that you can go away and learn from it before your staff turnover increases further.

Regards

Matthew Gibson"

YUP! got it in one!! aha!

a few months back, I was 2 mins late. He yelled over to me "gibbie you better get that full face helmet on because I'm guna knock you out with a breaker bar lad!"

then a week later im in the office giving a statement about him bullying someone!!! :lol:

After reading this I'm assuming it was Harold?

Edited by kaybs41282

"Dear X (Was it Harold/Ian???)

Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation from employment at Halfords. I will not be returning to work my notice following the (unprofessional) verbal assault I received in front of a customer for using my initiative and arriving at work early. I am still undecided as to whether to take the matter to the area manager.

I hope that my resignation highlights a flaw in your managment style and that you can go away and learn from it before your staff turnover increases further.

Regards

Matthew Gibson"

After reading this I'm assuming it was Harold?

Got it in one lad! aha! I'm going to have a word with Steve the main manager when im next in, and see what he says like, But im putting in a complaint..

Go to your docs looking nervous and edgy, ask him for something to help you sleep cause you are being bullied by your boss at work, he will give you a sick note for stress.

That will cover you for the fact you didnt go in work Monday.

Then phone their main office, I think this is the number??.....01527 517 601 ask to speak to the HR dept, tell them what has happened and ask about the companies grievance procedure.

That should get the ball rolling................:)