Phase Hub

Damian

Another question about upgrading my Phase I'm afraid.

The lack of engagement points on my drivetrain is realy bothering me, so I've decided to buy a new hub. I'd like to keep the cassette for now, but change to a single speed later. Can anyone recomend a hub that'll do both? I'm looking to spend around £50.

Thanks...

You won't find any internal fw hubs for that price..I'd go with a fixed hub+freewheel wich would also give you the possibility of going front freewheel

This man knows the score having a Phase himself. I come from an oldskool trials background when we used to use cassettes and I'd highly recommend ditching it for a fixed singlespeed. If your adamant on staying with it though your gonna have to shell out big money for a Hope or Chris King if you want to keep your front teeth!

Edited by isitafox

I've got a Phase 1.2, and I went for a Hope Pro 2 on the back, feels infinitely more trustworthy, might be able to find one in the For Sale section on here for a little more, I think Krisboats still has one, worth PMing for £65.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/159694-frame-cranks-hubs-brakes-bars-tyres-etc/page__p__2231558#entry2231558

OK, so the Hope hub that I was going to use from my old bike is a 32h and the rim that I want to use is a 36h so I'm gunna buy a fixed hub and freewheel, and go singlespeed. Can anyone recomend a 36h fixed hub? Thinking about getting one of these...

http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=products&pageType=item&category=10&CategoryName=Hubs&itemid=HUBRSSD10

What do you guys think?

OK, so the Hope hub that I was going to use from my old bike is a 32h and the rim that I want to use is a 36h so I'm gunna buy a fixed hub and freewheel, and go singlespeed. Can anyone recomend a 36h fixed hub? Thinking about getting one of these...

http://www.dmrbikes....temid=HUBRSSD10

What do you guys think?

What about the trialtech ones on tarty?

I run a singlespeed DMR Revolver hub on the back of my Zoo!, Never had any trouble with it, get that and a good freewheel :)

Glad you said that because I ordered it earlier! Hoping that it turns up tomorrow as my current hub is s**te! I've ordered a ACS claw 18t freewheel too and a dirt cheep onza fixed tensioner, but I'll probably upgrade to a sprung tensioner when I've got the money.

Thanks for everyones feedback (Y)

on my 1.2 i counted the engagement points and there's 18! im getting a new hub pretty soon.

Hahahaha! I did the same thing yesterday, slightly worrying isn't it! Counted 48 on my Hope hub, It's only got 32 holes though so I couldn't use it (N)

yeah im thinking of getting a new rim too because its cheaper to get a new hub and rim than getting a freehub and then you can get more engagement points.

I decided to get a DMR Revolver fixed hub and use the existing rim (it's only a week old, seems a waste not to!) and use it with a ACS Claw freewheel, which has 36 engagement points. Picked up a cheap Onza tensioner from rock n roll bikes too. It's cost £68 all together.

Ordered it from Treadz. It said they had it in stock on their website, but got an email from them today saying it's out of stock. They say it'll be back in stock this week though so hopefully wont be waiting too long!!! Chain Reaction Cycles sell it for the same price (£44.99) but they've only got the 36 hole hubs in red.