1 Finger On The Brake's

trialskidy

Should always be one finger. I raced motocross bikes for years and only ever used one finger. I ride trials and xc with one finger. If it's hard work or your brakes don't seem as efficient with one finger, then it's brake quality or (more usually) brake set up.

Should always be one finger. I raced motocross bikes for years and only ever used one finger. I ride trials and xc with one finger. If it's hard work or your brakes don't seem as efficient with one finger, then it's brake quality or (more usually) brake set up.

same here i raced motocross for years and am now doing xc and downhilling and always use my middle finger which seems strange compared to everyone else :/

• 2 weeks later...

If your brakes are set up well then you only need one finger for sure.

Motogp riders only use 1 finger to stop those bikes, i know its a different stopping force but you get the idea.

I use one finger to brake on my race bike and i can stick it on one wheel easily.

If your brakes don't hold when you pull the lever as hard as you can with one finger, you need to sort out your brake...

I started with 2, got told to use 1 by another rider, and from then on I swore never to use 2 fingers again. And I got used to doing it, after I while I felt like the ride was so much better (and safer in a way) when you have more grip. So now I never use 2 fingers.

Just re-read that and it sounds so wrong...

hahahahahahaha.

Nice. And yeah i still use to fingers but have been told one feels much better. Smoother and safer with one finger ;)

The way to go apparently. I will be converting as soon as. :)

I guess i have to adjust my brake's a bit then could some 1 show me a pic of where there brake's are position'd from the grip's and how far the lever blade goes down when pressed.

Thank's.

Adjust it by your hand! set it up like its most comfortable..

something like this (was the first pic what i found)

Trial_Sens_2011_006.jpg

And when you press your lever then it should go so far that one finger would fit between the bar and blade(i don't know if you understood.. and it's comfy for me so maybe you don't like it that way :P )

Edited by kaarel