Upgrading My Onza Bird 2010

The Legend

Hello, I've had my Onza Bird for quite some time and it needs some upgrades and changes so far I've just added a pair or HS33 to it and was wondering what to change the front disk brake to? Also which upgrades could I do to the freewheel? Any comments/suggestions will be helpful :D

Thanks Raj

Hello, I've had my Onza Bird for quite some time and it needs some upgrades and changes so far I've just added a pair or HS33 to it and was wondering what to change the front disk brake to? Also which upgrades could I do to the freewheel? Any comments/suggestions will be helpful :D

Thanks Raj

Surely if you've bought a pair of hs33's you'll put one on the front ?

Also if i were you id change the freewheel to an echo 108, they are the best you can buy, they don't skip and compaired to the fw you have on your bird it gives you more engagement points which will give you more power in your pedal kicks which will help you do bigger gaps/sidehops.

Also you could think about getting some echo urban forks, as they will make the front end of your bike feel lighter.

Edited by bradjohnson

• 3 weeks later...

If you're finding you can't get bite with a HS33 on the front then something is up with your setup. What pads are you running, do you have a grind on the rims? Is everthing set up sqaure to the rim?

A bit of money on some pads, a grind on the rims and some time spenmt setting up the brake so it is perfect can make a huge difference to how your brakes perform. Worth a shot before you spend a lot more money on a disc.

Do you feel like anything is restricting your riding? Does the freewheel skip or fel vague with its engagements? Do the bar and stem feel comfy? Do you like the grips or pedals? I find changing these parts of any bike (trials or otherwise) can make a difference to how it feels to ride as they are your contact points with the bike.

What tyres do you have? Do you find them grippy/bouncy enough etc?

It's all down to what budget you have and what you want/need to upgrade. You could upgrade everything and end up with a new bike!