Ridng Tunes?

onzajorge

Hey.

Just a curious post.

I was wondering what music people like to listen to when riding if any?

I love all music from blues to screamo to dub and chart. Everything and anything.

Please just comment what genres or bands/artists you like?

Be cool to find some new riding music :)

cheers :)

^^ Lots of shit as some people call it

chase and status ft takura - No Problem

Florence and the Machine - Shake it out

Ladyhawke - My Delirium

Don't know artist or track name funny song to do anything to!

Loads of other stuff from mr scruff to NOFX

Edited by ch@v3tt3

Riding trials while listening to music is really off putting for me.

I sometimes find this. I like to be able to hear my bike and the terrain (if you know what I mean), but I sometimes find that having it on quietly or in one ear can help with flow.

I've found that music without so much lyrics and more beat, helps me focus more.

This too - anything with a decent groove/beat and no/few lyrics (although hip hop works for me), so that it's more of a rhythm to ride to is good.

Ennio Morricone i find awesome for riding to. Set's the mood, is mainly instrumental and has that fine balance between energy and tempo.

A guilty pleasure but an unusual occurrence also for me is when trying to nail something and it's taking many attempts to put on a Cat Stevens song (i know, i know..) and i find it gives a sense of clarity and usually the move then gets done.

For commuting to work music where it's a matter of dodging death and riding wild then i find the Mars Volta helps me go for things i wouldn't ordinarily. I probably shouldn't listen to them as i've had some ridiculous death dodges because of them.

I hate when people put metal or ultra fast music to trials as even with riders like Danny who ride fast it doesn't really work. I think the perfect balance is emotive music that has a momentum to it and a building energy. A few videos of late have got this right and it always seems to work nicely.

A guilty pleasure but an unusual occurrence also for me is when trying to nail something and it's taking many attempts to put on a Cat Stevens song (i know, i know..) and i find it gives a sense of clarity and usually the move then gets done.

Nowt wrong with a bit of Cat Stevens!

Not one i use for riding, but it's pretty special. It's the perfect intro albumn for the band as if you don't like that you're sure as hell not going to like what comes after. Songs like Drunkships of Lanterns are absolutely incredible. The Mars Volta albumns currently on my bike iPod are Bedlam in Goliath and Amputechture.

However overall (but certainly not for riding) Frances the Mute is my favourite albumn.

Sounds kinda random but i have a dedicated riding playlist made up of my favourite songs from different trials, mtb and MX films. So i have pendulum and butterfly effect from "trials is dead", fear factory from "down" Q.O.T.S.A from "heaven and hell" that kinda stuff. Probably sounds wierd to you guys though!

i always listen to music while i ride and it's normally stuff like

martry defiled (amazing live), your demise, terror, actions to onslaught, enter shikari, parkways drive, of mice and men, a day to remember and the acacia strain

this is always a good listen and live it was AMAZING!

Interesting answers to be honest.

I was expecting alot more mainstream stuff. Thats sweet.

Yeah i tend to listen to one extreme or another. Like something chilled and nice and flowing, or something really heavy (your demise as said above or LIFERUINER.)

Interesting that people have such different riding songs. Also like said by Ben Swales, I normally only have it in on ear and not full blast.

I've never really listened to music while doing trials, but it's something I want to try. As I'm deaf I have to plug leads into my hearing aids to hear music from a iPod or whatever. I've ridden around town on my track bike listening to music, but I haven't tried it with trials as there's more hopping/jumping about.

For those of you who are clueless to what I'm on about, they look like these but in black:

http://www.connevans...es/fmgv600w.gif

But... If I do decide one day to try out listening to music to do trials, these are what I'd listen to.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KvLDJIKjWyo

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pIYvKCfqGB4

http://www.youtube.c...xxQs34UMx4

http://www.youtube.c...NorVn3H6uA

And a few others :)

Edit: My hearing aid leads are black not white, haha.

Edited by OnzaKid

I don't generally listen to music while riding, but I'll generally have headphones with me if I'm riding alone so that if I'm failing a move or haven't got the bollocks for something I can listen to it before. Something like QOTSA First It Giveth works for that, but I always take the 'phones out before I actually start the move - generally still get the energy from it while not cutting off a sense.

I never listen to music while I'm riding with people though, that shit's just rude and it always bothers me slightly when someone's got 'phones in when I'm riding with them.

As I'm deaf I have to plug leads into my hearing aids to hear music from a iPod or whatever.

For those of you who are clueless to what I'm on about, they look like these but in white:

http://www.connevans...es/fmgv600w.gif

That's SO COOL. I guess if I'd ever stopped and thought about it I'd've realized they would've done this, but I hadn't.

What an awesome idea!

I'm another "don't ride with music except very occasionally on solo rides", but: Autechre, Four Tet, Ratatat or Mount Kimbie, of recent rimes.