Have You Named Your Bike?

Miss-Higgy

Personally i name everything from my bike (Pigamo) to my guitar (Frank). Yes my cheese has slid off my cracker, but has anyone else named their bikes? Whats the chosen name and maybe a reason why?? Just a bit of fun hopefully have the right place to thread ^^

Name: Pigamo

Reason: My guinea pig is obsessed with my bike i can't bring it in the same room as him without him chewing my seat/grips and the bike is made by Megamo hence name. :)

• Like 1

Personally i name everything from my bike (Pigamo) to my guitar (Frank). Yes my cheese has slid off my cracker, but has anyone else named their bikes? Whats the chosen name and maybe a reason why?? Just a bit of fun hopefully have the right place to thread ^^

Reason: My guinea pig is obsessed with my bike i can't bring it in the same room as him without him chewing my seat/grips and the bike is made by Megamo hence name. :)

Only an old Marin and an old Onza. For some reason they both had names that stuck, but i've not named any other possesion that i can think of.... things aquire nicknames but that's not really the same.

Only an old Marin and an old Onza. For some reason they both had names that stuck, but i've not named any other possesion that i can think of.... things aquire nicknames but that's not really the same.

lol like zapper for the remote control and stuff? And ive actually thought about it and I've only named my guitars and bike as such.

lol like zapper for the remote control and stuff? And ive actually thought about it and I've only named my guitars and bike as such.

Not, nothing logical like that. Things that just stick...which are nonsensical. Like for instance the word for sleep in my flat is 'Patrick', so if my girlfriend has had a sleep i'll ask "have you had a quick Patrick"? It's a long and stupid story....

Also if i want an espresso and i want her to make it, i'll refer to it as the 'black tear' - again a long and stupid story. It's like a long winded cockney rhyming slang i suppose, and in essence it's how language works and why words ending up sounding the way they do.

I've never named my guitars, but i've loved em' all.

Edited by Matthew62

'Zoot'

'Because'

'First Guitar'

'Ibanez'

'SG' or sometimes, 'The guitar that's impossible to set up' or 'that damn dodgy guitar' or to that effect.

An SG shouldn't be too difficult, it's pretty much only the bridge that can be adjusted. I think the SG is a lot cooler than a Les Paul, but what the initials 'SG' stand for are depressingly boring.

Haha, i love this topic! what kinda other names do you have for things?

Yeah. I like to.

Comp 2010 was Emma.

Bionic B4S was Sarah.

Lite 2011 was Lucy.

Marino is to be Mia.

Bikes built around frames from before Emma or borrowed frames between Lucy and Mia didn't get names.

...Apart from the '05 Python, which has become affectionately known as The Serpent of Misery.

An SG shouldn't be too difficult, it's pretty much only the bridge that can be adjusted. I think the SG is a lot cooler than a Les Paul, but what the initials 'SG' stand for are depressingly boring.

It's an epiphone SG, you know how gibson guitars are said to have that thing where each one has some flaw that makes it unique? Mine has this thing where the intonation is really hard to dial in. I took it to a shop, the guy had it for ages, maybe 4 weeks, and it came back pretty good but not 100% dialled. Before, you used to have to tune each string over to compensate for how much flex the neck had. It wound me up so much.

Yeah. I like to.

Comp 2010 was Emma.

Bionic B4S was Sarah.

Lite 2011 was Lucy.

Marino is to be Mia.

Bikes built around frames from before Emma or borrowed frames between Lucy and Mia didn't get names.

...Apart from the '05 Python, which has become affectionately known as The Serpent of Misery.

I thought we agreed the python was called 'Dickhead'?

• Like 1