20" Or 26" Help!

Connor Johnson

Hey guys,

So for a newcomer who's riding a 20", I was wondering about the difference between a 20" bike and a 26" bike. I've heard that a 20" is easier to learn on, but a 26" is better to learn on because it makes you learn technique that is necessary later on in trials riding. Is the difference between the bikes really that big of a difference? So should I get a 26" instead of a 20" if money is no issue, or is the difference not that big?

Thanks,

Connor

I have a 26" and i think its great but the only reason why i didnt get a 20" is cause i am a giant compared to one haha. I originally had a 24" but i wanted to get away from the street side of things but once i got a 26" i managed to learn a lot more on that than i did the 24". A few of my mates have 20" bikes and they're pretty good but then its your own opinion on what you want to ride

you should go for a onza first and then build up a bike once you improve cause onza bikes can take a beating and are good starters

I have a 26" and i think its great but the only reason why i didnt get a 20" is cause i am a giant compared to one haha. I originally had a 24" but i wanted to get away from the street side of things but once i got a 26" i managed to learn a lot more on that than i did the 24". A few of my mates have 20" bikes and they're pretty good but then its your own opinion on what you want to ride

you should go for a onza first and then build up a bike once you improve cause onza bikes can take a beating and are good starters

COUGH COUGH ! !

Your reply was totally irellivent, Don't speak because you feel you need to speak because you have to & answer the Question propper

Edited by TryAllTrials

but a 26" is better to learn on because it makes you learn technique that is necessary later on in trials riding.

That's my thought on it though everythings got to be within reason. If you are tiny, a 26" will potentially hold you back plus if you can't afford a 26" then you may as well get a 20".

It's similar to BMX V Scooters. Scooters can be good for young kids to learn on, but it's generally considered a bit weird to be riding one when you could be riding a BMX instead. Scooters are just really easy to do a lot of stuff on which kinda takes the fun out of it. Mods are similar.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the help, I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to go with the 26" if I can raise the money for it.

Possibly a few on here for sale, seen a few old skool ones on here today but sure you might find a more comp style one. If you find a 2nd hand one with good spec just means you can justify spending the money on something that your quite likely to wreck, good luck with finding a bike bro hope you can get out and ride before the good old Brittish weather changes again! :(

Edit that, Your a Yank. Lucky bugger ;)

When it comes to Dollars i'm not sure whats cheep, would this be in your price range? http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Woodman-Trials-Bike-26-Wheels-Chris-King-Bonz-/300611288869?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item45fdd43f25 if not there are other bikes on ebay that are much cheeper.

Edited by TryAllTrials

If you want More rollin' momentum and rollin' tricks I would go for

the 26".

If you Want more Hopping and jumping up and down things go For the 20"

I also think you should start with an Onza. I'm a new biker But and I'm Gettin' a Onza because they are

light and good to throw around.

Hope my Advice is good use. :)

-Daniel