Pallets

BurlyBox

This may sound like a stupid question, ive seen in videos a few people have pallets to mess around on at home and i want some pallets to mess around on but the only ones i get are ones i've found and they are usually rotten and snap very easily. Where do people get pallets from and how do they get them home because i cant fit any pallets in the car?

I would also Like to know the answer to this question as I've gotta go a mile away to the nearest pallets and there's only 3 :(

i used to get some from a local building site and b&q, obviously you have to ask but these days they get paid to send them back so you probably wont have much luck there, you'll have more luck with smaller local businesses and ask a mate with a bigger boot to take you

There's some huge pallet company, who's name escapes me, but they own every blue/red pallet. That's why you see HGVs on the motorway with coloured pallets on. They then lend them to companies, who pay a renting charge then they send them back. Like LoveFilm, except with pallets!

So nobody will let you have coloured pallets because they have to pay if they break/lose/give them to trials riders.

i have something like 50 pallets in my garden....local coal/animal food seller gives them to us, just go to industrial estates there fine with it too, or should be.

dad has an estate, 4 in the boot and 5 on the roof.

as above blue pallets will be rarely given away as they're on loan....also you'll be lucky if you get a wooden cable real/cotton real, turns out the big ones can be worth around £500. i managed to get one it went on top of the car.

also if you wanted tyres, go to any big truck/digger hire place (forgot the collective term) they'll beg you to take them away...but you'll just be stuck with them....haha (i have 4)

If the pallets are blue or red, they belong to a company and they have to pay to use them. So the only type you will be able to get are the plain coloured ones. But I got 18 nice pallets from the local garden centre for free.. so it's worth an ask!

I never knew that... I have one red & blue one, the rest are all standard and they're in bits haha.

There's some huge pallet company, who's name escapes me, but they own every blue/red pallet. That's why you see HGVs on the motorway with coloured pallets on. They then lend them to companies, who pay a renting charge then they send them back. Like LoveFilm, except with pallets!

So nobody will let you have coloured pallets because they have to pay if they break/lose/give them to trials riders.

I've got like 6 in my garden, no idea where I got them from but had them since before I rode, which is kinda lucky.

i have something like 50 pallets in my garden....local coal/animal food seller gives them to us, just go to industrial estates there fine with it too, or should be.

dad has an estate, 4 in the boot and 5 on the roof.

as above blue pallets will be rarely given away as they're on loan....also you'll be lucky if you get a wooden cable real/cotton real, turns out the big ones can be worth around £500. i managed to get one it went on top of the car.

also if you wanted tyres, go to any big truck/digger hire place (forgot the collective term) they'll beg you to take them away...but you'll just be stuck with them....haha (i have 4)

Plant hire?